Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Soundcards

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Pat_DJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi,
I was thinking of buying a MAYA 44 USB but I'm not sure what to go for now.

I don't scratch although, I'd like to get a card that I'll be able to do it maybe later.

Please give me some cards to choose from, and your opinion.

Kind Regards,
Pat

Posted Wed 20 Jun 07 @ 7:05 pm
delta 44 or 66 but this is for dest top pcs
u46dj
fast track pro
but if your not going to scratch the numark cm200usb mixer is great im using it and couldnt be happier, super easy setup
these are the more popular ones
hope to see you as a pro user

Posted Wed 20 Jun 07 @ 10:22 pm
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
If possible, its always worth borrowing one from a friend to try it, or find someone who can vouch that the soundcard works perfectly on the same PC you are using.

If by any chance you have an HP laptop like i do, there does seem to be some problems with using a usb soundcard.

Posted Wed 20 Jun 07 @ 11:15 pm
what problems does hp laptop has with usb sound cards like the maya 44. i about to purchase one.

Posted Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 12:38 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Got a M Audio Fast Track Pro new in the box for sale.
First $150 gets it.
Retails for $200.

Posted Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 12:45 pm
Thanks everyone for replying.. although, what's actually wrong with HP, because I'll be using this card with a hp laptop.

Posted Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 1:32 pm
wendell81 wrote :
what problems does hp laptop has with usb sound cards like the maya 44. i about to purchase one.

There seems to be a hardware conflict with external soundcards and the new pavillions.

Posted Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 1:37 pm
I see... will see if I can get one for cheap and see myself.

Posted Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 3:33 pm
I don't know how much of a hurry you are in, but HP are having my laptop, maya44 and VDJ in the beginning of August for 2 weeks to do some tests.

Mine is a brand new laptop (they've also exchanged it twice and the problem is still there)

I've tried with external maya44 and creative cards and the problem is still there.

I will post their findings when i get the laptop back (can't let it go at the moment due to work commitments)

If you only want to use music, then there is no problem, the only problem is when using video and or video & music together. It seems to be a conflict with the video card, so maybe if you get an HP laptop with a non NVIDIA card you'll be fine, but i'm not the only person who has reported this problem.

Gary

Posted Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 4:27 pm
I see, thanks for letting me know about this issue.

We'll wait then, although, I've got a toshiba laptop also, so, I`m sure I could use that one while the problem gets fixed.

King Regards,
Pat

Posted Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 5:00 pm
Hi there,

I have a Hercules MP3 mixer and creative 24 bit external soundcard....running VDJ 3.4 and cant use the preview function of the headphones......locks the sound up everytime I try to configure.

Does anyones know how to fix this problem as I just want to get this thing up and running and it just doenst seem to wanna work..

Appreciate any help.

Cheers,

ferguk

Posted Sun 29 Jul 07 @ 1:19 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ferguk wrote :
Hi there,

I have a Hercules MP3 mixer and creative 24 bit external soundcard....running VDJ 3.4 and cant use the preview function of the headphones......locks the sound up everytime I try to configure.

Hi there, do register....at here.

Posted Sun 29 Jul 07 @ 3:28 pm
@ Gary .... ihave an hp pavilion myself hard to be precise about what the problem is , but i wonder if your problem is caused by the video card or by windows firewall ?? i'm just suggesting maybe the problem isn't directly to do with the soundcard ..... ever since XP's SP2 there have been new problems with usb ports caused i believe by the windows default firewall setup ........

if you trust your security / anti virus abilities you can turn off windows firewall

Posted Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 2:25 am
Hi chucknorrisyouwimps,

I know the problem isn't the soundcard, its the laptop. Just sharing the info really.

I've tried vista and xp and i still get the same problem. HP UK haven't been able to help, HP USA engineer told me straight away that the new Pavilion range of notebooks will not work perfectly with external USB sound cards.

I've tried every performance setting, clean installs, new drivers, old drivers, windows stripped back to essential services, XP OS, Vista OS, disabling hardware, IRQ conflicts (the video card shares an IRQ with the main USB controller, no amount of uninstalling and reinstalling on different ports will change it, and it cannot be changed manually) I've disabled onboard sound, wireless adapters, card readers etc, the lot!

I've tried different brands of sound cards and it problem is still there.

I've even had the laptop exchanged and no luck.

HP UK say they don't know what the US engineer is talking about (he even e-mailed me a copy of our conversation telling me there are compatibility issues) but HP UK deny it.

They won't test the laptop with 3rd party hardware and they won't admit there is a problem because in their
words, and i quote "have you tried plugging a mouse into the USB port? If the mouse works there is nothing wrong with it so we cannot refund you"

Just for reference, my HP is the DV9288ea with the 512mb dedicated graphics. I haven't found anyone on here that has the same model for comparison.

I've spend nearly 6 months and had all sorts of experts take a look, and no one has cured the problem.

Onboard sound is fine, and even video will run on full performance settings without doing any Vista tweaks through onboard sound, but plug in a USB soundcard and the problem is back.

I don't like to give up, but i know when i'm beaten.

Gary

Posted Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 3:45 am
Hmm, I have an HP laptop and all my external devices inc. the Mk2 as a soundcard work fine. It does seem odd that they are saying the laptop isn't compatible with external soundcards. You could try the latest intel/via chipset drivers, whichever your laptop uses.

You can try getting feedback from http://www.notebookreview.com

Posted Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 3:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)