Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Echo Indigo DJ VDJ in Asio-mode: good idea?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm planning to buy an Echo Indigo DJ.
it's a 4channel soundcard on pcmcia.
it supports Asio 2.0 and many other formats.
signal to noise ratio 111db!

as fas as i could search, there is no other external soundcard whith these specs.

but before i buy if, i want to know it VDJ supports all 4 channels of it in Asio-mode.

can any1 confirm this?

any reply would be nice :) thanx guys

Posted Thu 30 Sep 04 @ 1:30 pm
I just ordered the Indigo DJ, should get it in a day or two.

I'll let you know after I test it.

If I forget, mail me. lindseyp *at* gol.com

Posted Thu 30 Sep 04 @ 2:05 pm
LOL i just did the same. echo indigo-dj has good specs : signal/noise ratio 111db :-P

Posted Fri 01 Oct 04 @ 12:39 pm
I've heard good things about the Indigo series, and had been holding off buying one for some time, but now I downloaded VDJ there was no excuse! Now I can DJ out of a small laptop bag!

Hey, at least we'll have our own VDJ-Indigo user group... membership: 2

heheheh

Posted Fri 01 Oct 04 @ 2:14 pm
as far as i can rember.. there are 2 more dudes on the forum with indigo DJ but i can't rember who they were.

VDJ-Indigo membercount :4 :-P

Posted Fri 01 Oct 04 @ 3:17 pm

Posted Fri 01 Oct 04 @ 7:37 pm
Well as you've probably found out by now, you CAN set up the Echo Indigo DJ in ASIO mode but there's not much point. as a 2x2 channel - 8 virtual channel soundcard it works just fine using 1 pair of outputs for the mixdesk and one pair for the headphones.

Using ASIO means you'd have to use the 'virtual mixer' of the Echo unit itself, which is IMHO a nasty solution.

Posted Sun 03 Oct 04 @ 8:32 pm
i received my Echo indigoDJ yesterday. Installing drivers was a B*TCH. i had to do it all over 3 times, but it is working now.

i didn't have time to try it in ASIO-mode, but i will try it tonight

Posted Wed 13 Oct 04 @ 11:18 am
i got home early, i couldn't wait any longer ;)

i fired up my laptop.
started vdj and tried al kinds of settings.

lindseyp, VDJ is working just fine in ASIO-mode using the Indigo DJ. in all 4 channels!
you will have to choose advanced config and select asio soundcard 4 times (2 for the left desk and 2 for the right desk).

for the left desk:
choose left-channel 5/6
choose right-channel 6

for the right desk:
choose left-channel 7/8
choose right-channel 8

i ensure you: channels 7/8 and 8 are not mixed down to outputs 1 and 2.

i also use an external mixer connectet to a 2x200 watt (rms) amp the sound is incredible!
I have been struggling with many differend ASIO drivers to get VDJ to work in ASIO (for more than 9 months) I finally got it to work!

i recommand Echo - Indigo DJ to everybody who uses VDJ on a laptop!

Posted Wed 13 Oct 04 @ 12:51 pm
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i use it 2.....don't forget to mute the channels in the indigo mixer otherwise the sound bleeds through on VDJ.

Posted Wed 13 Oct 04 @ 7:17 pm
I have one too, but havent been using it since I got my two xp10's

Havent figured out ASIO mode yet with the indigo DJ card

WirelessDJ

Posted Thu 14 Oct 04 @ 11:15 pm
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
WHAT DOES THE ASIO mode do?

Posted Fri 15 Oct 04 @ 1:34 pm
ASIO is another way of accessing the sound card hardware.

ASIO stands for (Audio Stream Input/Output) and was developed by Steinberg. It allows software to have access to the multi-channel capabilities

ASIO expands on the basic capabilities of a standard computer sound card, most of which can only provide stereo (two-channel) audio input and output. The ASIO specification defines the interface that manufacturers of professional audio sound cards must use to create an ASIO driver for their hardware. I havent figured out how to use ASIO mode with VDJ yet

on some sound cards, ASIO may have a lower latency than Direct sound. The lowest latency I have seen is with Kernel mode 2ms with a maya 44 using bpm studio.

WirelessDJ

Posted Fri 15 Oct 04 @ 11:41 pm
Hey Wirelessdj,

i described how to configure vdj to use indigodj in asiomode above. it's not that hard. you can do it ;)

i had 2 gigs this weekend. I just want everybody to know that VDJ performed outstanding using ASIO drivers, providing crystal clear sound without ANY glitch.

Posted Mon 18 Oct 04 @ 9:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)