Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is there a way... (video question)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi,

Is there a way when you are playing a video, to NOT have the video appear on the screens in the club, but could still get the text that you type in to show up?

in other words,

you are playing a music video and want the audio, but not the video to show so that the screens will only have your text that you type in?

thanks!

Posted Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 4:47 am
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
i do this sometimes by just throwing up a "logo" of a giant black screen and turning off all transparency.

then just put whatever text you want on top!

Posted Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 6:45 am
Yes,
under effects > video effect > text > activate > message > color > apply

this will over ride video playing

Posted Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 6:50 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
On a related note...I was doing a karaoke the other night and noticed that my text plugin didn't always work. I'd have a karaoke tune playing fine on one side, buy when I switched over to "normal" audio for the next track, I couldn't get my text to display.

Anyone got any ideas?

Hoff...sorry for hijacking.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Posted Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 10:18 am
you did the standard push of the two buttons ( activate and apply )... you know the basic question have to be asked.

Posted Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 4:32 pm
@ fatkatz

when i did what you said, the text appeared on top of the video, which is what I was trying not to do.

any suggestions why this happens.

thanks.

B

Posted Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 10:35 pm

To have a black screen, simply make a black graphic file (jpeg or bpm),and activate slideshow plugin for that picture (fills the screen with black image)

Then apply text after that, and the text will appear over the black image

hope that helps :)

Posted Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 11:15 pm
Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe that if you move the video fader on VDJ screen to the opposite side of the playing deck you will get a black screen with text.

I will double check later when I get home.

Posted Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 11:57 pm
Actually, you will get a black screen as long as you don't have a video playing in the opposite side from the one you don't want the video to show, also, make sure your video fader and music fader are not linked.

Posted Tue 19 Jun 07 @ 1:16 am
Hey Nor-

long time.

Actually I have been using that black screen thing for a while to black out in the club. But it also blacks out the text.

It blacks out text and the music video. is that weird?

So when I have it on slideshow (the black .jpg), it is overcoming the text too.

B

Posted Tue 19 Jun 07 @ 4:10 am
vdj formed it's own hierarchy of plugins... i was going to map it out but i started to fall asleep so @$%& it... it can be done... i do it all the time, sometime when I don't want to. I happend to look up at the video screen to make the corrections.

the text will overlay over the video so just mouse the video fade to the other deck...

Posted Tue 19 Jun 07 @ 6:45 am
Hoffman wrote :
Hey Nor-

long time.

Actually I have been using that black screen thing for a while to black out in the club. But it also blacks out the text.

It blacks out text and the music video. is that weird?

So when I have it on slideshow (the black .jpg), it is overcoming the text too.

B

Not if you apply text AFTER you apply the black slideshow.

VDJ effects are ORDERED:)

Last one applied is on top....

Posted Tue 19 Jun 07 @ 9:27 am
@ Nor,

okay this is strange.

Video is playing, I hit the blackout shortcut key (which is the SLIDEshow effect of a black picture).

Screen goes blank.

I hit text, and then the video comes back on (tried many times and always comes back on).

This is why I cant seem to get the text by itself.

whatcha think of that?

:-)

B

Posted Tue 19 Jun 07 @ 10:31 pm

I just re-tested... works fine here....

Black image over video, and text on top of that...

Posted Tue 19 Jun 07 @ 10:55 pm
Can someone give me a step by step on how to do this? I mean how to create a slideshow. If it's too much, can you point me in the right direction, or PM the info.

Posted Tue 19 Jun 07 @ 11:36 pm

Download the slideshow plugin if you dont already have it from Video plugins

Loate the plugin in your video effect browser in VDJ, activate it, and choose "open" to open a graphic file to be shown on your screen (if you also want to rotate the images in same folder, press "slideshow").

Then got to the text plugin in VDJ, activate it, write a text, and press apply on the effect.

:)

Posted Wed 20 Jun 07 @ 12:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)