Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: MSN & Internet Explorer Question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Im having problems with these two, it seems that evrytime i run msn i cannot go online with anyother program, IE, Shoutcast DNAS, etc. MSN must be the only program online otherwise it disables my conection and i have to restart my laptop.
This started just recenly, i bought a new laptop with vista, yet i seem to have the same problem with my old xp laptop, my gf has the same problem with her xp.
Anyone have any idea? Somebody out there have the same problem?

Posted Sun 17 Jun 07 @ 6:30 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
owch sounds nasty have you tried upgrading the the latest msn and internet exploer or a reinstall?

Posted Sun 17 Jun 07 @ 8:25 pm
tried both, my isp says everything is ok at their end.
im wondering if it could be a router issue, both myself and my gf have the same router brand, TrendNet, but we live in different parts of town, do these programs use a specific port?

Posted Sun 17 Jun 07 @ 8:41 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
it uses many ports and will bind to the nearest free one and uses the base of port 80 which is the same for internet

Posted Sun 17 Jun 07 @ 9:31 pm
ok so im guessing the ports are ok since i can conect to the internet for hours with no problems, then why would there be a conflict with msn? any ideas? I already checked for firmware updates for my router and modem and i have the latest, windows, IE & msn i have intalled latest updates.

Posted Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 5:01 am
Have you tried firefox? Sneaky thing even gets around the proxys at work.

Posted Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 5:31 am
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Have a go with Alias.
It gets round almost anything. I work in Saudi Arabia and havent found anything (yet) that will stop it. You can launch IE while using any other program.

Good Luck
DAZ

Posted Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 7:43 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Well you can try Yahoo and just add all your MSN contacts since with you can talk to both on that.

Posted Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 2:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)