Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Difference between Virtual DJ nd Numark Cue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

chetanHome userMember since 2006
Hey.. can anyone tell me wats the difference between Atomix Virtual Dj nd Numark Cue.... besides the skin ....lol!

both of the softwares hav same functionality nd options but Virtual DJ is a bit hyped... so why to by that NumarK cue... any reasons??

Posted Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 6:45 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
The same thing, just the skin is different.

Posted Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 6:55 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
VDJ came first, then cue come along.... basically it the same programe.

Posted Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 7:18 pm
I do notice something different... (In the US and South Florida area anyway) Virtual DJ is only available to download and Numark Cue is available in stores. I have yet to see VDJ Pro available in stores here anyway.

Posted Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 7:54 pm
they are not basically the same...

they are EXACTLY the same...

absolutely not one single little difference. exact same features exact same code... different name.

you see cue in sores, because unlike virtual DJ, numark has retail outlets they sell through. VDJ does not.

same same same same same... bot basically.... EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

Posted Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 10:41 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
There is one, only one difference. Cue users do not show up on the VDJ Map feature, or in my case you cannot hover our me on the radio schedual and see what my session info is. That is the only difference. We CUE Users have all the rights and privileges of VDJ.

Posted Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 10:49 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@jacajac

please do not spam the forum

Posted Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 11:28 pm
Steve Lynch wrote :
they are not basically the same...

they are EXACTLY the same...

absolutely not one single little difference. exact same features exact same code... different name.

you see cue in sores, because unlike virtual DJ, numark has retail outlets they sell through. VDJ does not.

same same same same same... bot basically.... EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

whoa ... lol caaalllmmm dddooowwwnnn .. lol I think if Steve Lynch sees one more question about the differences, hes going to flip.. lol

Posted Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 11:34 pm
maczachHome userMember since 2010
wish people used the dam search!

Posted Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 11:42 pm
The difference is that Cue hates Hercules MKIII 95% of the time. Of course if you tweak with it, and make sure your settings are right(everytime you start Cue), then you get into that other 5% area. If you have a Numark interface (iCDX, NTC, TCV's) then your a pimp. Looks like a little more investing before I gain that status myself.

Posted Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 8:55 am
I don't have to tweak the settings everytime... I can load and go. However, I do check my config just to make sure everything is where it should be but that should be standard practice for any set up... I love my cue skin... I tried the other skins but found out if i changed to my second choice of cdj 100, i have do some toggling which is not efficiant when working with videos. I find if I use some of the other skins, I use more cpu. So until I upgrade to 2g mem to run some of the skins.... Otherwise it's the same thing.

Posted Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 5:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)