Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Behringer BCD2000, HERCULES DJ MK2, Numark Total Control

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Im looking to by Behringer BCD2000, HERCULES DJ MK2, Numark Total Control. Witch is better and is compatable to Virtual DJ?

Posted Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 1:30 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
best bet is to get the total control if you are just looking for a controler

or if you need a soundcard too , get the mk2

the 2000 is awful

mk2 and total contol both come with a free copy of home edition to get you started

Posted Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 1:46 pm
pcl73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
djrepete wrote :
Im looking to by Behringer BCD2000, HERCULES DJ MK2, Numark Total Control. Witch is better and is compatable to Virtual DJ?

What you want to do ?? Do you already have a soundcard for VDJ ?

The only advantage of MK2 over NTC is the integrated soundcard. If you don't need integrated soundcard, you can go with NTC. NTC is a controler-only. It replace Keyboard/Mouse use.

I didn't try BCD2000

Pascal

Posted Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 1:46 pm
Yup I need a sound card. I'm going to use it as a controller. I spin mostly house music.

THANKS

Posted Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 1:57 pm
pcl73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
djrepete wrote :
Yup I need a sound card. I'm going to use it as a controller. I spin mostly house music.

THANKS

So you can go with MK2 (I want to sell mine !!! pascal@lesfousduroi.com !!!) But ... I really enjoy with my new NTC. I'm still a "weekend DJ", but I am a lot better with NTC than MK2. Depend of your budget, let's add a USB soundcard with your NTC !!

Pascal

Posted Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 3:54 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Are you a proffesional or just playing in your home? If you are just playing at home go for the TC..I have it and a BCD2K not even close..Total Control hands down..

Posted Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 7:42 pm
Im a Pro. I noticed that the Numark Total Control does not have the +, - PITCH CONTROL like BCD and MK2 have. I'm a club dj. If the mix is going of a little all I have to do is hit the +,-, Pitch and the mix is back on beat. Does the Total Control have that function? I dont see in the pictures?

Posted Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 1:07 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Turn off scratch and use the jog wheel for pitch bending. And purchase the Numark DJ/io and have a blast, but please do not buy the BDC2K. It is not a good work around..

Posted Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 3:51 pm
santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you are playing out, I would go with the MK2. It is smaller then the NTC, most dj booths have CD players, Decks and Effect Processors and little space for anything else. Plus with its built in Sound card you can just plug it right into the back of a mixer and you are set.

For portability, the MK2 comes with a shoulder strap and a plastic piece that protects the unit from damage.

To me the MK2 is a godsend. Even when I travel to visit friends, the built in soundcard allows me to run a line into their stereo system AUX inputs.

Great for lowkey afterparties.

Posted Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 5:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)