Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: MAC Needs and wishes

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

First, A new skin needs to creted for the MAC (In the USA most DJ's are being forced to change platforms due to security issues and that brick wall called VISTA).

Second, It needs to co-exist with Itunes (I know it's a streach) but ACC protected songs and video will not play

Third, and most importaant us "old scool dj's set up our music by Genre not artist or BMP. Once you convert your files to ACC (a must for MAC to get your files to co-inside with ITunes) you loose most of your Virtual dj information (it only shows the song title. All my music was set up in Genre files example "electronica" then by artist and song. Very quick to find and play.

Finally, to download add-ons and skins to the MAC needs instructions: I can't find my folders on the MAC, everything downloads to the desk top.

FYI.. A fellow big name DJ in the USA stated I needed to use MEGA SEG it "Rocks". I spent the money and have found that it is he most basic program ever! It sucks! what a waste of money and time!

Please, please, please focus your attention on the MAC platform... Most of us are very willing to pay for upgrades!

Thanks,

DJ Meastro

Orlando FL

Posted Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 3:26 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Quote :
Second, It needs to co-exist with Itunes (I know it's a streach) but ACC protected songs and video will not play

no aplication apart from itunes can play locked files however itunes now offers the chance to upgrade the tracks to drm free for a little more in the latest itunes called ITunes PLUS

Quote :
Finally, to download add-ons and skins to the MAC needs instructions: I can't find my folders on the MAC, everything downloads to the desk top.

guess u missed this
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/70110/MAC_Version_Technical_Support/Important_Information_Regarding___Skins_For_Mac_.html

Genre i agree would be a good field to add aslo :)

Posted Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 3:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)