Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: vista + vdj + dac2 and a new laptop

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

laptop: hp dv9308, 1 gig ram, geforce 6150, yes i know its not recomonded for video but i had to test it for may self. i'm glad i did, it rockin. so far no problems with the video side of it. the music side is even better. i can say i saved myself about $400. now i'm out for that icdx.

Posted Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 2:05 am
good luck with it , hope it works great for ya .....with 1 gig ram , if you keep a "clean machine" you should be fine.......

icdx's ehh ?? that's on my list too ......

Posted Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 2:10 am
it will be upgrade to 2 gig, and will be only for djing. no downloading email or other programs. straight VDJ only!!!!!

Posted Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 2:14 am
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You could just partition your hard drive so that you can have one OS installed just for VDJ and the other for everything else.

Posted Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 7:54 am
Just curious, is it a dedicated video card you got? Or integrated in the mother board?

Posted Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 2:21 pm
it is shared ram but vdj requirements are 1 gig of ram. so do the math. laptop will have 2 gigs. the geforce 7600 video card is a 512 dedicated card. this will be a VDJ laptop only very clean. it run so smooth.

Posted Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 4:28 pm
With 2 gigs and a dedicated 512 video card your system should be running smoooooooooooth.

Posted Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 6:12 pm
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
When using XP the Geforce cards run VDJ Video vary bad.
But with Vista installed your Geforce card should run fine.
I have a back-up dell laptop that works fine for video with 1gb mem and only 64mb video ram.

Posted Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 12:49 am
jacksawHome userMember since 2007
hallo hab ne frage?

Posted Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 3:03 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
jacksaw wrote :
hallo hab ne frage?

please speak english or use the forum for your langauge

Posted Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 11:32 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)