Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: a coupla ?? to save space

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

does anyone use a midi keyboard for a controller ?? for a bunch of reasons i like the m-audio axiom 25 and would like to use that .......any incompatibility w/ vdj ??

what does the paging file do ?? not sure i'm understanding that......also, what is the recommended size for the paging file ??

Posted Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 1:44 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Paging file is virtual memory on Hard disk and it is used when there is no more free ram to the system. Set it to same values, if you have 1Gb, put it on 800Mb.

Posted Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 3:00 am
i get that thanks ALF but does it have any load or effect on the system when it's not in use ?

Posted Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 3:29 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
If you have 2Gb ram memory than you can try to disable it and try it how it performs. It must be a LOT faster! Some program cannot work without it like Photoshop, so be careful.

Posted Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 1:46 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the audio axiom 25

will control actions such as sampling and start and stop in vdj

the dials can be used as eq aslo

you will need to map it using the midi option on remote control

Posted Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 7:58 pm
thanks sky thanks alf ........i know some might ask why not get the herc , but the answer is several parts.....

whatever i get for a first controller will not be used for long most likely ..... the axiom is cheap which is good for something i expect to outgrow quickly ..... also the keyboard and pads on it appeal to me ...as an ex drummer the pads could do some cool triggering of samples (drum or anysort) at least at mobile gigs ...... i could use the keys to check the keys of trax and samples , 2 octaves (25 key mini keyboard)
is a lotta triggers by themselves , then there's the pads and the endless knobs ......

i'm very aware it's an unconventional choice

every year for father's day i get myself a gift or two for work , so this year i'm probably gonna get 2 mics (a beta 58 and a blue snowball ) plus get the axiom .........i'm going to see Chicago live also for the second time , that will be great

edit hey, that's next weekend ....cool well there'll be some major spinnin' 'n grinnin' 'round these parts ,lol

Posted Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 8:30 pm
i have a small midi usb keyboard too :)

Posted Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 8:34 pm
cool what do you use ?

Posted Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 8:39 pm
a moderately priced xkeys one

not sure of the model

Posted Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 8:49 pm
i'll check that out

Posted Sun 10 Jun 07 @ 11:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)