Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crashing - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Does anyone besides me have a problem with VDJ 4.3 crashing while playing MP3+G's? I've had VDJ since last December and I've had it crash on me (on average) once a night since. It always crashes on a MP3+G and sometimes on a MP3 but not one single time on a video. Anyone?? I do 3 sometimes 4 (four to five hour) shows a week.

Posted Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 2:30 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
does it show crash gaurd when closing if posssible could you send to me via pm the contense

of C:/programfiles/virtualdj/crashgaurd.txt

Posted Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 9:08 pm
Yes, most of the time, it does show crash guard but not all the time. Sometimes, the music plays on and the video freezes. Last night, it didn't crash, but it froze up on me twice (music plays on and video freezes)....both times playing a MP3+G.

I sent you the file.
Thanks

Posted Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 1:50 am
thanks i sent that to the dev team to see if we can shed any light on it

Posted Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 10:51 am
Just for the record, VDJ didn't crash on me one time this week. Instead it froze twice each night, Wed thru Sat, each time either on a MP3 or MP3+G and again...never on a MPEG video.

Posted Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 3:41 am
I get the same thing happenning to me on two computers. I always claimed it was a glitch in
the program as it seemed to happen more and more after each upgrade. I am finally glad to see that
because of the VAST number of posts (one post I talked about this had 750 reads) and concerns about this that the DEV team is finally taking a look at it. My thanks to the dev team.
Bryant

Posted Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 3:47 pm
byrant , is this on all files or just some?

Posted Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 4:21 pm
There's really no way to tell, as it happens randomly from time to time. I would have to record each file when it happens and then check to see if it were to be the same one the second time it happened. I'm pretty sure it is apparently different files. However, if it were to be certain files, what may be the cause of that?

Posted Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 2:33 pm
currupt files

Posted Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 10:53 pm
Don't think it's corrupt files in my case. I know for a fact that I've had it freeze on a two particular songs once, but hasn't on those files since. Funny thing, program hasn't crashed in the last week or so, instead it froze. It always seems to happen within the first hour of my show. It's stable after that. If it was a corrupt file, it would always freeze or crash on that particlular file...hasn't happened that way.

Posted Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 8:54 pm
jambigPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Vdj usually freezes or crashes on me once a night also. Its pretty anoying, likes to freeze when playing mp3 and if I'm playing videos the program likes to completely vanish from screen without warning. It seems to do it within the first hour then its fine after that.I have a powerful laptop so it shouldn't be the case.

Posted Sat 16 Jun 07 @ 8:05 pm
ronnieskar wrote :
Does anyone besides me have a problem with VDJ 4.3 crashing while playing MP3+G's? I've had VDJ since last December and I've had it crash on me (on average) once a night since. It always crashes on a MP3+G and sometimes on a MP3 but not one single time on a video. Anyone?? I do 3 sometimes 4 (four to five hour) shows a week.

I haven't had too many problems with karaoke files since my upgrade...

What are you computer specks?

Posted Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 5:25 am
ASUS M2NPV-VM Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
EVGA 512-P2-N548-TX GeForce 7600GS 512MB GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
Kingston 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Desktop Memory
2 - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drives
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Manchester 2.0GHz Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3800BVBOX - Retail

Posted Tue 19 Jun 07 @ 4:50 am
jambig wrote :
Vdj usually freezes or crashes on me once a night also. Its pretty anoying, likes to freeze when playing mp3 and if I'm playing videos the program likes to completely vanish from screen without warning. It seems to do it within the first hour then its fine after that.I have a powerful laptop so it shouldn't be the case.

I've never had a problem with videos only MP3's & MP3+G's.

Posted Tue 19 Jun 07 @ 4:58 am
ronnieskar wrote :
ASUS M2NPV-VM Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
EVGA 512-P2-N548-TX GeForce 7600GS 512MB GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
Kingston 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Desktop Memory
2 - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drives
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Manchester 2.0GHz Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3800BVBOX - Retail

Hey Ronnie.

Here's my system sepcs:
ASUS M2NPV-VM
am2 socket
Athlon x2 3800+ cpu 2.00 Ghz duo-core
2 Gigs of ram
Nivida 6150 GPU (assignable 265MB video RAM in sys bios)

I have the same MOBO as you my friend.
Tha main difference I see is that I think you have a video driver conflict. You have two GeForce video cards working at the same time. Try Disabling one or the other. Are you using the fact that your motherboard has dual vga outs?

The DVI must be a DVI -D (digital) monitor. and then the VGA/RGB output will work as a TV/HDTV out. The internal card is powerfull enough to use for video mixing.

Example:

There are many effects going on simultainously. Up to 5 at once.

Try adding more system RAM. That Motherboard can handle up to 4 MB. After assigning 256MB in system Bios and then checking it in system resourses you'll have 512MB in shared video ram.

Make sure you download the current drivers from ASUS.

This motherboard Really rocks. It even has a 5.1 Surround Sound Card built into it. I use just the MOBO for video mixing and also three stereo ouputs to my 3 channel mixer. Although I should up My own system RAM

Posted Tue 19 Jun 07 @ 6:05 am
Did You fix your crashing problem?

Posted Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 3:13 am
No, I don't believe any of us have, even with the decent specs we have.

Question remains "Have the programmers addressed the crashing problem?"
I hear 4.4 is coming up soon. Would be a nice time to get most or more computers to work
with an upgraded program. Most programs I have, and I have a lot, seem to get better with each
upgrade and acommodate MORE computers, not less.

Why should one computer work fine, then follow a recommendation to upgrade, then have to go out and buy a new computer? (that might work at best).

Posted Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 11:28 pm
Unfortunatly There seems to be a crashing issue.

But I wonder if the issue is with duplexed drivers like this fellow's double nvida cards, or something on a system that plain old doesn't like VDJ

I don;t know really - I've had it on 3 comps, and one I gave away (after wiping the HD) it's ony on my two systems now. one AMD based and one INTELL based.

Both on ASUS Motherboards and both seem to run fine.
I must be lucky I guess.

Posted Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 11:55 pm
PapaokePRO InfinityMember since 2005
i have also a freezing Problem. different files (so files could not be the problem) and the programm freese. the play butten is lighted but the file stops playing. if you want to load a new file or start the other deck nothing happened. i had one crash (or freeze) last sunday and yesterday it freeze on a karaoke show. at sunday after 4 hours!! and yesterday after 30 minutes!
i have also 2 laptops and problem on both!

Posted Fri 22 Jun 07 @ 10:26 am
There. Finally. Are the VDJ programmers listening?

Will they respond with fixes, and not explanations with what is wrong with our systems?

Please jump in and tell us what your plans are for these fixes, so we can continue to use this program or
decide to trash it and get one that works more reliably.

I just soon stay with VDJ if we have LISTENING programmers on here.

Posted Sat 23 Jun 07 @ 9:01 am
71%