Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: database again.......

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

does cstoll's miracle database fixer also save yer keyboard shortcuts/ hotkey assignments ?????

is it true that it will promote longevity and fix yer boring , pathetic life ??

will it finally be a default bit of code in 4.4 ???

Posted Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 4:36 pm

A tool on the tool plugin page, think its Ctoll's tool, will auto backup the database when you start VDJ.

And thats generally a good idea ;)

I dont think VDJ will add it by default, it should be a users choice when to backup, but backups is essential in the modern PC world, goes for other parts of your PC than VDJ too ....

Posted Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 5:31 pm
i think it should check for the music directory, then if it finds it launch the software......then check the database, then restore the last known playlist (perfect if you crashed in the middle of a set) also after the database was checked it would flag the missing tracks so that you can relocate them, and number the trax in the playlist and have a total count for the entire database

then and only then could you play.....

way too haphazard i think to just start and then find out yer database has crashed,

Traktor does these things and more and they are on my wish list for 4.4

Posted Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 7:58 pm
Hi, you can save all your keyboard shortcuts on the cofig tab for them. Think there's an option for "save" and "load" so you could make a backup if you want to.

The keyboard shortcut to fix our boring and pathetic lives by the way, is "Ctrl, Alt, Delete" :)

Posted Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 10:12 pm
LOL

Posted Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 11:55 pm
coupla things to andy and norway.......

to andy thanks much ....i'm pretty sure i did save , i was just hoping that when i close up vdj that it natively backs up EVERYTHING ......plus cstolls xml tool would be like an extra bit of insurance.......

i'm pretty darn sure that if they upgrade the music mgmt features , as i have been told to expect in the next update .... that this will mean locating the music directory FIRST, then check the integrity of the "inventory", report the status thereof then and only then display the GUI and load the last known playlist..........edit ..... i guess you could display the gui while it was checking for the music directory and then checking and loading the database/inventory ..... that would prove that the software launched .....

that is very different from what happens now .......that would be more oriented toward the professional user than now....... i will be extremely surprised if most of what i just said is NOT how they reconfigure how the launch of the software occurs .........

to norway.......where ya been hidin' ???? who was the force behind the radio and the toolbar ?? i'm puttin' them in for a raise ...........

Posted Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 2:26 am

been busy, with making a new radio webpage , and quite a few other things to come ;)

Posted Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 2:31 am
heya ! well don't be a stranger ! the radio has been awesome by the way.......

Posted Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 2:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)