Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Problem vwith my laptop projector

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OK, I was reading for a couple of hours and didn't find the answere.. please help me. I want to plug my projector or an external Monitor to play video, My laptop is a Dell D820, nvidia quatro nvs 120m. The problem is when I set up my laptop for external monitor (using my graphic card driver) and I decide to click on hardware acceleration option, my video is full screen on my both screens (laptop and external monitor). I have to disble my external monitor to be able to cancell this feature... it's sucs !

Can anybody help me ? thanks

Posted Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 1:44 am
I think is becouse the mode you have for multiple monitor....

Try with the option "extended desktop" in the graphic card config...

Posted Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 2:17 am
it's not working.. I have the same problem..

Posted Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 3:21 am
So,you plug your projector in, start your computer, then you right click on your computer desktop, choose properties, then go to the display tab, then click on the greyed out second screen and tick the box that says "extend my desktop onto this screen" then press ok.

the projector comes to life and shows your desktop picture, and when you move your mouse off the right hand side (or maybe left if you've set it up that way) of the screen it appears on the projector screen

then you start virtual dj, go to config, go to the video tab, tick "hardware accelleration", then on the drop down list you chose the name of your graphics card (the other option should be just "window"). Then press ok.

Then load a video file, and hopfully it should play on the projector screen!

Posted Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 10:37 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
what is your video card spec?

Posted Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 10:41 am
Nvidia Quatro NVS 120M. few precisions about my problem : if I use windows driver option, I can drag the video window to the external monitor and set it up full screen mode but I have a windows bar on top. If I use my video card driver setup without hardware accelaration, the video is playing to the external monitor but the effects doesn't work. If I set up with hardware acceleration, I have full screen video on both screens. To fix it I have to unplug the external monitor.

Posted Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 1:28 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
nvida have some known issues with laptop cards

have you tried speaking to their support or their forums

Posted Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 1:42 pm
andytaylor125 wrote :
So,you plug your projector in, start your computer, then you right click on your computer desktop, choose properties, then go to the display tab, then click on the greyed out second screen and tick the box that says "extend my desktop onto this screen" then press ok.

the projector comes to life and shows your desktop picture, and when you move your mouse off the right hand side (or maybe left if you've set it up that way) of the screen it appears on the projector screen

then you start virtual dj, go to config, go to the video tab, tick "hardware accelleration", then on the drop down list you chose the name of your graphics card (the other option should be just "window"). Then press ok.

Then load a video file, and hopfully it should play on the projector screen!

What happens when you try this?

Posted Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 8:08 pm
my both screen are black because there is no video on the player.

Posted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 1:34 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Whats funny is I had the same problem. This happened after I upgraded my nvidia drivers in xp. I couldnt get it to work after that. I ended up holding off on the video until I upgraded to vista. Dont have any problems now. Sux I know.

Posted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 12:29 pm
Prehaps you could have a look around the internet for either some newer or older drivers?

Posted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 6:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)