Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Serato Vs. Virtual DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

What's your thoughts? In Canada, Serato is very common, whenever I mention VDJ, they get the idea that it's some knock-off version of Serato, but it's basically the same ! lol Computer DJ'ing is taking over, they need to recognize =P

Posted Sat 02 Jun 07 @ 11:18 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
serato isnt my cup of tea it seems madly uneconomical

it only just added video or is going to , as a beta
is got half the features at double the price

and its locked to one box , which is a pain

and it doesnt support other cards or mixers

or controlers

or kj

Posted Sat 02 Jun 07 @ 11:33 pm
HiHatCUE userMember since 2007
Having used both I'll say that I prefer VDJ over Serato. VDJ has all the functions you would need, and as it's evolved over time, they've kept ahead of Serato and knocked out most of the bugs. Using the VirtualVinyl system, so far (knock on wood), I haven't had any major problems, no threat of crashes while dj'ing yet, where I've seen Serato crash randomly after being on for a little while. And it already has video mixing which is a huge bonus =).

To not seem completely biased, I will say I prefer the way that Serato shows the waveform vertically instead of horizontally, but that's just a personal preference.

Posted Sat 02 Jun 07 @ 11:42 pm
Yes, my thoughts exactly, I searched serato on youtube and I don't know why, I HATE the layout of serato, it looks so unorganized, unlike VDJ, which is very convenient for everything

Posted Sun 03 Jun 07 @ 1:13 am
The only thing wrong with Serato...

Is that it's not as good as VDJ.

I have both also. The VDJ software is far superior. Everyone else will agee. Plus some will be mad that you even mentioned Serato.

Posted Sun 03 Jun 07 @ 9:15 am
vdj_reverse wrote :
Yes, my thoughts exactly, I searched serato on youtube and I don't know why, I HATE the layout of serato, it looks so unorganized, unlike VDJ, which is very convenient for everything

perhaps you might buy it then after all these years

and stop using v2.1 cracked or what ever you have

hope to see you with us soon.

Posted Sun 03 Jun 07 @ 1:49 pm
Hopefully, I'm just waiting to purchase external equipment first, I'm not too fond of the DJ Console and the other hardware...as an off topic question, would VDJ be compatible with two Numark Axis 8 CD players, and a DXM-01 mixer?, I'm not sure if the TCCD's would work, or if there's a mapper for it

Posted Sun 03 Jun 07 @ 4:46 pm
timecoded cds will work with any cd player that supports vinyl emulation / stratching

Posted Sun 03 Jun 07 @ 5:52 pm
Sweeeet :) , as far as sound cards, and hookups go, what exactly will I need? ...Maya 44 is looking good, and the cables?

Posted Sun 03 Jun 07 @ 8:44 pm
yes :)

the mayas good u will need two dual phono cables

Posted Sun 03 Jun 07 @ 10:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)