Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Effects sampler

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Is there away i can assign my effects / sampler to its own channel?

I connect up using an external mixer and a maya 44usb. Is there any way of utilising my onborad sound for a seperate output for effects only?

Gary

Posted Sat 02 Jun 07 @ 5:46 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well, with the OLD sound setup interface (hint hint, staff!! :P) it was super easy to do this. Now, I don't think you can do it at all. You'll need a sound card with 3 pairs of outs, then you can setup using the "3 line mixer" setup.

Posted Sat 02 Jun 07 @ 6:39 pm
Ok, I just brought the maya44usb becuase i thought it would do everything i wanted, now it seems like it doesn't.

What am i going to be able to get with 4 in and 6 out? I use timecodes too.

It seems like the way the sound config menu is, i lose the option to use an asio driver if i select 2 cards and 3 line mixer in set up?

Gary

Posted Sat 02 Jun 07 @ 6:42 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Not quite understand what U are saying, but you need to select 5.1 for Sound Card and 3 channels External Mixer option and you can use Maya for 3 outputs that you want.

Posted Sun 03 Jun 07 @ 3:37 pm
metiznPRO InfinityMember since 2005
ESI u46DJ has 4in/6out

Posted Sun 03 Jun 07 @ 4:05 pm
DJ-ALF wrote :
Not quite understand what U are saying, but you need to select 5.1 for Sound Card and 3 channels External Mixer option and you can use Maya for 3 outputs that you want.

But with this configuration, i won't be able to use my 2 timecode inputs, will i?

Posted Sun 03 Jun 07 @ 5:00 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I don't have Maya, I use Hercules MK2. I think you can but someone who has Maya will confirm this.

Posted Sun 03 Jun 07 @ 6:29 pm
Gary you can always assign your M/O sound card as your sampler channel in your external mixer,

Choose 3 channel mixer and two cards. then set your maya as you timecodes and your MOBO soundcard to samples. It's hard to read where everything goes as my dropdown menu doesn't expand for some reason to see all the options. Experimentation might be the key for you.

This used to be a hell of a lot easier with v3.4 as it had an advanced sound set-up that allowed a user to assign channels and decks at will. but for some unknown reason VDJ changed this in v4.0. Myself and others have complained about this from time to time.

Good luck.

Posted Sun 03 Jun 07 @ 6:39 pm
I'm understanding this in theory, but in paractise it seems that when i do it, i can't select asio driver for the maya, therefore i can't use timecodes.

I can select 3 line and maya and internal soundcard, but then it won't let me choose two timecode inputs.

Gary

Posted Sun 03 Jun 07 @ 6:49 pm
Hi, yeah, i've got the maya as well and as far as i know you can't do it at the moment.

I don't use timecode, but need the asio drivers to work all four outputs on the maya. Once you select asio drivers, it looks like you can't do multiple sound cards.

One idea i did have though was buying a gigaport as well and then using the maya for the time code input and the gigaport for the 3 line mixer output. No idea if VDJ will let you do that though!?

As somebody just said, you could get a U46DJ, or the VV sound card if you've got the money.

At the moment I just put up with the samples coming through both lines of the mixer- if you're just playing one tune, you can use the other mixer channel to give you some degree of volume contol.

Posted Sun 03 Jun 07 @ 10:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)