Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Promo Music Videos

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

gmediaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
You guys want to help me get on board with some music videos. I have about 600 or so that I have bought as a consumer, but is there special pricing for DJ's? Since I'm slowly coming from wannabe to real-deal DJ, I'm wanting to tap into some of our resources. Where is the best place to get music videos?? What format do you use? I've been happy with native vob, but maybe you recommend another.

Chris Kelley

Posted Sat 26 May 07 @ 4:41 pm
I would say the easiest way is Promo Only, get the monthly top video, rip that straight to VOB with Smartripper (do a search as I posted the settings awhile back) and you are set to go. Promo Only also has numerous specialty DVDs which is great filler. We currently have over 100 promo only dvds and are quite happy.

Posted Sat 26 May 07 @ 8:56 pm

Posted Sun 27 May 07 @ 6:38 pm
Tophouse I may have to get into gettin some from there or the store, but I don't know how to rip anything other that Promo Only

Posted Mon 28 May 07 @ 12:17 am
Brian, read the tutorial in my blog, what i call "commercial releases" are just as easy to rip as any other, ie promo only etc, and the quality is generally pretty good. Commercially released DVD's are a very underrated and quite unknown source. For instance, how many people have the recent U2 18 album and dind't know that at the same time the DVD "U2 18 The Videos" was also released. Another "must Buy" is "Duran Duran - Greatest" DVD, it is packed with videos In fact it probably has EVERY video Duran made, including the sought after Godley & Creme produced original full length banned version of "Girls On Film":-

http://www.amazon.com/Duran-Greatest-DVD/dp/B0000DFXX8/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-8456040-5699010?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1180311976&sr=1-1

Posted Mon 28 May 07 @ 2:26 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
TopHouse is right.
I have gottin several houndred videos from greatest hits DVDs and compulation DVds
Sometimes I get them used from ebay and may someday sell them back there.
Some places even rent music video, I'm not telling you to do it, I woulden't, But I bet people do.

Posted Mon 28 May 07 @ 5:40 am
I am really gonna try at least one. I do own the Eagles which is live and I think I am gonna give it a go. I would also love to get some more country and of course Pink Floyd.

Posted Mon 28 May 07 @ 11:25 pm
The thing is with Floyd Brian is that there are not really any promo videos except the original 'another brick in the wall' meaning you're going to be on live footage which is gonna be difficult re the quality. At a pinch you could buy the movie "The Wall" and perhaps grab a few cuts from it.

Posted Mon 28 May 07 @ 11:54 pm
what about Karaoke where do i get that stuff from and whats the best format for that here where im at its huge and theres only 3 djs that do it and like 100 bars and other venuse and what about the creat your own karoke ive seen it on the net just never heard any thing buy them or seen it done. this is one of the sites that ive seen just as a ex... http://www.powerkaraoke.com/ well i dont know crap about any of that and the video card needs a magor upgrade before i can do that

Posted Tue 29 May 07 @ 5:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)