Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: But does it look good? - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Bagpuss: “There's more in life to worry about, sure your not worrying, but some here just sound so damn passionate about the smallest issues known to man..”

A true observation, and a point well taken.

OO

Posted Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 1:29 am

hmmm.. as said, an interesting discussion...
but i would not go as far as say the default skin is ugly or for kids, actually, I think it looks pretty good, and good for dj's being used to vinyl-play...

as a solution, I think the demo should have 3-4 skins with the download, so that the demo-user can choose what skin to use, making VDJ apear in many ways for demo-users...

like:
(1) DEFAULT skin for vinyl "lovers".. timecode users etc
(2) Pioneer 700 (or other CD player skin) for dj's being used to play on cd-decks, or users wanting VDJ to look like that
(3) HERCULES skin for Hercules users
(4) PRO skin with advanced options etc (like Mixstation and more)

that would give more options for demo-users....

think that would be the best way around, as the default skin for sure can appeal to many many uses, and for those it dont appeal to, there would be the option to use different skin

having 3-4 skins available with demo-download would also make it clearer for demo-users that VDJ is HIGHLY skinable ;)

Posted Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 2:06 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
To whom it may concern:
I really didn't intend for this thread to go quite this haywire.
The adjectives used could have been avoided, granted, for that I appologise. Sometimes when engauged with arguement I get a little off the hook with expressions.

The point is "first impression" or "first glance" does it turn you on or off?
Offering more demo skins goes part of the way, it doesn't guarantee that 1st impression is adequetly presented.

My suggestion was to spruce up the demo skin because that is the front door. It needs to be just as sexy as the program it covers. Lord knows we have some real monsters out there with pretty skins that don't have the kick that VDJ does.

You know maybe if the updates didn't change the skin back we wouldn't even care, and I wouldn't have noticed.
It was just a point I thought was worth making, I only want the best for VDJ and future users. And, because I actively promote VDJ I felt, because of the feedback, it needed to be asked.

BTW 00,
What was your handle on the Visio board, 00 doesn't come up and I really don't remember you.

Posted Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 3:09 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
at a first glance it does look quite toyish and would turn most pro users away, it is not only the skin but also the layout of the opening page of this website that doesn't appeal to the pro user. you look at the mixvibes website for example, they have pictures showing pro setups with external mixers and controllers not just a tiny pic of an xp10 and a TCV.
there should be some pics with it being used in a pro enviroment with all the external HW, aswell as a less toyish default skin. it is possable to have a skin similar to the default with better choice of colours and no swirly patches and for it to not look too overwhealming.
EJay is designed for the beginner user and is promoted this way by them, Virtual DJ is ment to be the PRO solution so why not spruce up its image abit and at a first glance make it look more profesional, and leave the beginners audience to EJay...
i'm sure by doing this that it will bring over many more Pro Djs whether they have visited the site before or not

Posted Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 3:41 pm
mp3jrick: “What was your handle on the Visio board, 00 doesn't come up and I really don't remember you.”

Check your PCDJ Private Message.

OO

b.t.w. "My friend", I added you to my PCDJ Buddy List.

Posted Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 4:23 pm
Thanks, got it.

Posted Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 4:33 pm
I’m glad you got it. I remember you from last year's original FX Forums when you posted in the "F-ixed by X-mas" thread I started. Unfortunately, FX wasn’t F-ixed by X-mas. However, VDJ came to the rescue!

OO

Posted Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 4:44 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
If you do a search for cyderhouse on pcdj you'll find me banned from the pcdj fourms all together.

Funny thing is this weekend a friend came up from Chicago to show me the new fx, I showed him VDJ can do everything and then some.

My favorite part of VDJ is the fact that it plays cd's and allowes you to use all the effects and master tempo just like an mp3 something that we were told over at pcdj is impossible. Thanks vdj for doing the impossible.

The skins are cool each one has its use.

Posted Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 4:54 pm
I know we don't want to bash PCDJ FX but I bought every program there was and never use it. It is just plain terrible. Scratch is still sitting in a box in my office. I then picked up VDJ and have been using it ever since. Thank you also VDJ.

Posted Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 5:39 pm
Cyderhouse: “If you do a search for cyderhouse on pcdj you'll find me banned from the pcdj fourms all together.”

I checked, and you are definitely banned my former PCDJ forum member. I don’t know what you did, but it could not have been as serious as what I did one time: I impersonated Oakie—he is the PCDJ COO.

http://message.pcdj.com/member.php?s=b175fe989f0f7ef7ff10e14636a740e7&action=getinfo&userid=73

What I did was substitute the letter “O” in Oakie for the number “0”, and used 0akie as my user name. Although some users thought it was very funny, he didn’t. Consequently, I got banned from the boards. However, I was eventually allowed back.

OO

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 3:22 am
Man you got balls, what ever made you do that?
What ever made you even THINK of doing that?

Sort of makes me wonder...............

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 12:03 pm
seems like PCDJ ban users for strange reasons ;)

I was there too, and seem to recall that Cyderhouse was banned for mentioning VirtualDJ...

if I say :"PCDJ,PCDJ,PCDJ!!" out loud here, I'm sure I will not be banned ;) I hope... lol ;)

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 1:17 pm
Actually I was banned for posting a screen shot of virtual DJ, which drew a lot of attention to the software OPS lol!

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 4:27 pm
mp3jrick: “What ever made you even THINK of doing that?”

I can’t tell you the whole story now, but I did it because Oakie had me booted off the boards when I spoke up against something he was offering PCDJ Users. Even a very loyal moderator posted his disagreement with what he was offering; other PCDJ Users also posted their disagreement. However, I was the one who got the PCDJ boot into cyberspace. Oakie stated in a post afterwards that the only way I could return was over his dead body. This made me even more determined to not only return to the PCDJ forums, but to use his name to do it. Consequently, I succeeded and got booted into cyberspace again once the VISO Staff realized that there were two Oakies. However, with the passing of time, I was eventually allowed to participate in the PCDJ forums again when I bought FX.

Cyderhouse, I can’t believe you were permanently banned for that. I’ve done that before with another software; others have also. I think it shows that VISIO considers VDJ a serious threat to its business.

OO

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 5:53 pm
Viso should be scared, VDJ rocks and others are finding out...

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 6:32 pm
Jason had them on slow simmer for a long time and then got booted.
I tried my best to get him reinstated and finally they let him back in. Then he posted the VDJ screenshot with a typical "Jason" comment and they dropped the hammer on him.

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 6:44 pm
cebuPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi guys, i just bought a laptop as couple weeks ago and i rip cds on it for the first time and it wont play on vdj. but plays on wma player 9, some say on the forum that i have to download and reinstall the window media player 9 from the official site. do you have to uninstall it first and install again? or just install it directly from the site. anyway i download the window media player 10 and its still dont work on vdj. what do you think about window media player 10?

thanks

Posted Wed 29 Sep 04 @ 3:24 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
turn of the DRM (Digital Rights Managment) option in the encoders page VDJ will not play DRM encoded files.
you will have to encode them all again with DRM disabled

Posted Wed 29 Sep 04 @ 4:41 am
I really hope VDJ will move tword playing DRM files soon, This is the one thing that pcdjfx does that virtual dj does not. Well two of if you count crashing all the time anyways...Think of the marketing angles there buy vdj and get 5 free napster downloads...things that make you go hummm....

Posted Wed 29 Sep 04 @ 8:46 am
mp3jrick: “I tried my best to get him reinstated and finally they let him back in. Then he posted the VDJ screenshot with a typical ‘Jason’ comment and they dropped the hammer on him.”

All he has to do is use a different e-mail address and user name to rejoin the PCDJ forums again. However, he can’t reveal himself to anyone.

OO

Posted Wed 29 Sep 04 @ 5:22 pm
80%