Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Problems with volume

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

shakey6Home userMember since 2007
Hi , im using virtual dj 3.4 . I am having problems with matching the volume levels , as the volume indicators dont show the actuall volume of what is played compared to normal mixers . Is there any tips anyone could give me ? as my track volumes are all over the place in the mix ,no matter how hard i try, its never perfect . Or is there a newer version of vitual dj that actually shows the rite volume of the tracks playing .

Cheers

Adam

Posted Fri 11 May 07 @ 8:45 pm
If your using downloaded music in particular a non creditable site, your level will continue to be all over the place. Also, if you have the ability to do a level adjustment for preshow then you can set your master at a certain level and this gives head room for channel level adjustment during mixing.

You'll be able to tell if your next track is strong in an area when you cue in headphones, then you will be ready to move the channel level accordingly.

The MK2 does not have IMHO the best volume adjustment for mixing ( it doesn't have enough db range ). Sometimes I'll be mixing in a show and noticed that my MK2 volume was at 1/2.

It's also helpfull to adjust your computer volume for the perfect level because if your computer level is not adjusted, then your only using the minimal output of your card and relying on your external if your using one.

being a digital dj, you have a lot of preamps options, Use them to get the best affect for your show.

Posted Fri 11 May 07 @ 9:16 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Yes, in version 4 the level meters are more accurate and the option Auto Gain is improved. If you wanna make a good mix, I suggest you to use external mixer.

Posted Sat 12 May 07 @ 5:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)