Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Projectors

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am looking into what it would take to get set up with video. I do small venues, parties and weddings. I live in the country and will not be in any large venues. Can anyone recommend what I would need for a projector and screen setup to start up this sort of thing. There are so many out there and having not used them the specs mean little to me so any help would be great. thanks

Posted Sat 05 May 07 @ 2:13 pm
Hi,

I'm definately not an expert but here\'s what others have said are good things to look for.

The brighter the better, at least 2000 ansi lumens. Some less bright ones look ok in complete darkness, but as soon as you\'ve got some of the room lights on, it can make the picture look faint. Obviously, don\'t completely ignore all the other specs, but I\'ve head this is the one that\'s pretty important.

As for screens. There\'s lots of choice, but it\'s probably worth getting one that\'s suitible for both rear and front projection to keep your options open.

Hope that helps a bit.

Posted Sat 05 May 07 @ 3:37 pm
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
The optoma ep739 is a great and affordable projector 2500lumens....I think I got mine form best nuy cheaper than 800. It works and also looks great. I am using mine on a dalite fastfold rear projection screen. If your looking for screens pm me I can help you out.

Posted Sat 05 May 07 @ 8:37 pm
Check out www.projectorcentral.com for specs and search crireia for every projector ever made. One of my favorite projectors is INFOCUS LP650. It's very portable, 2500 lumens, 800:1 contrast ratio, and you can usually get it on ebay for ~ $500.

Posted Sun 06 May 07 @ 2:22 am
Thanks guys. That really helps. This is a great forum and a very helpful community.

Posted Sun 06 May 07 @ 1:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)