Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: External hard drive problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HI, hope someone can help as I want to get this sorted before I purchase this.

I have a lot of music on an external Hard drive (mastor 200gb USB 2.0))

Basically i'm scanning the external hard dive, its picking up all the tunes & playlists which are from itunes but when I then try to play a song by going to one of the itunes playlists & dragging it on to the deck it just keeps giving me an error message?

Vj is playing all the songs from my internal harddrive fine.

Any help greatly appreciated

Posted Fri 04 May 07 @ 5:48 pm
You should be able to recreat the Playlists in VDJ ... and not even use the itunes ones.

It may take a bit of work . .but once you have them created .. just back em up.

Posted Fri 04 May 07 @ 7:01 pm
Ok, it isnt just through the playlists it wont play a track. Even if I go straight into the directory where the music is on my external hard drive it still wont play them??
Its scanning & finding them but wont play them, any ideas anyone??

Posted Fri 04 May 07 @ 9:41 pm
If the problem is the same that I have...then this is what your problem is:

the Hard Drive path is MESSED UP... example reads \M: but it should read M: . You can manually fix this my search and replace via a text editor, but this needs to be fixed.

It's a bug...

The other problem you could have is the music mapping (using the correct playback for the correct codec).

I hope this gets fixed.

JD

Posted Mon 28 May 07 @ 6:38 am
joshjdart - Can you elaborate on "messed up path" and how to fix???

Posted Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 4:59 pm
Im also interested...listening with great interest...
I have all my songs on both internal HD and external but each drive letter is differnt.Right now I use the external for music back up and reg HD for playing gigs.My data base that I use on the pc will give me problems if I try to read from the external HD.

Posted Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 7:13 pm
When I import the file from iTunes, it messes up the path name by adding an additional "\" in front of the Drive name. To fix this, I open the XML File and do a "find and replace" to delete the extra "\". It's a pain.

I want a playlist like iTunes.... easy to use, works, and stable. VirtualDJ is great, especially with video, but I need a better playlist.

Posted Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 5:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)