Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: cover cd for timecoded cd

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

joetmenPRO InfinityMember since 2005
hello forum,
I just meditated this solution in order to make ours timecoded cds more pretty. having a tcv at home, I wanted to have the same image on my timecoded cds. therefore, I have just bought a light-scribe drive and I've created an image similar to timecoded vinyls. light-scribe cds are couloured with shadings tending to the yellow, gold, ocher and tonalities that are gone around on these range of colours; consequently printing a cd l.s with the image that I have chosen, the effect of red, the typical one of virtualdj does not come more, but it can see a shadings of the colors over sayings. I remembered that sometimes I used nero cover-designer in order to printing my cd's covers. so, I have saved the file with the cd cover in nero cover-designer and then printing it on adhesive paper, that it is the only way, then, to have the cd printed. in this way the colors remain the same of the original image file, but to the tact it is perceived that cds are covered from a sheet of paper. so, here the image created in nero cover--designer for timecoded cds:

note that some cd players (slot-in charging specially) don't read cds with stickers: if you try to charge on a cd like this, maybe you can crash the cdj!!!! pray WARNING
what do you think about it???
bye

Posted Fri 04 May 07 @ 4:06 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Looks nice, but I think lightscribe (I have Samsung) can't make this red color on top of the cd, just some orange/brown one.
No practical use of this because you don't see them like vinyls during spinning, cd's spin much faster than turntable anyway. But it will look nice in cd covers ;)

Posted Sat 05 May 07 @ 2:19 am
joetmenPRO InfinityMember since 2005
yes, it looks very nice in cd covers :)
maybe I can use a printable cd to solve the problem with the printing colors.
I'll edit it again as soon possible
bye

Posted Sat 05 May 07 @ 2:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)