Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Mpeg 4 Codec! HELP! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Rory05PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi Guys! I've ran into a bit of a problem!! How do I play mpeg 4 videos with VDJ? I've got sound but no video!!

Any Help would be great!

Thanks, Rory.

Posted Wed 02 May 07 @ 5:00 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Just install K-Lite codec pack, should be ok.

Posted Wed 02 May 07 @ 5:18 pm
But how do you assign the required codec in the "codec" tab page in VDJ's menu?

Posted Wed 02 May 07 @ 5:41 pm
3ivx.com works well

Posted Wed 02 May 07 @ 6:02 pm
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Rory05 wrote :
Hi Guys! I've ran into a bit of a problem!! How do I play mpeg 4 videos with VDJ? I've got sound but no video!!

Any Help would be great!

Thanks, Rory.

Are you referring to h264 or standard mp4? What are you creating the mp4 videos with?

Posted Wed 02 May 07 @ 7:38 pm
you may need to clarify a little bit more on exactly what kind of MPEG4 file you have. remember, MPEG4 is a "container" type, like AVI is a container type. you can have video in an MPEG4 container, encoded with any number of encoding methods and variants of those encoding methods. just like AVI, you can have MPEG4 files with Sorenson, Divx, Xvid, and probably a dozen others. MPEG4 containers are also compatible with H.264 AVC/AAC encoded files.

where did you get these MPEG4 or how did you create them. that might help pin down exactly what codec you need to decode them.

Posted Thu 03 May 07 @ 2:06 am
Yeah im interested in this to. I just got the Virtual Vinyl package and I can't play any of my mpeg 4's in Cue either.

anewsome :: I got mine from my12".com. (Waste of $ by the way). In the codec section it says: MPEG-4, AAc

Posted Thu 03 May 07 @ 5:51 am
3ivx will work very good with smooth filtering for the my12inch vids. have they started uploading new vids yet?

Posted Thu 03 May 07 @ 5:57 am
Rory05PRO InfinityMember since 2005
bryantpb wrote :
But how do you assign the required codec in the "codec" tab page in VDJ's menu?

Anyone know the answer to that?

And thanks for the help so far guys!

Rory

Posted Thu 03 May 07 @ 12:52 pm
hi,

click my name! (I put a little tutorial in my blog for how to do that) :)
<----------

Posted Thu 03 May 07 @ 5:49 pm
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Andy I did that too. All I get is audio and the little preview window says "loading", which it never does. NOW, if I select video out to the window, it plays fine. Also, if I select video out to my video card and unselect acceleration, it plays over my TV however it flashes/jumps. Any other ideas?

Posted Thu 03 May 07 @ 5:54 pm
I'm afraid not at the moment. It works on my machine, but i know that's not alot of help to you!

If i hear anything on hear about other codecs, or anything else I'll make sure I get in touch.

(got the latest windows media player by the way?)
it's a complete guess, but I always work on the assumption that if i try enough different things, I can make it work! (and i've got video mixing working on a 1.8GHZ laptop with 1G ram and an average video card)

Posted Thu 03 May 07 @ 6:07 pm
That's what I have too. Everything else works fine...mpeg1, mpeg2 & vob's.

Posted Thu 03 May 07 @ 7:25 pm
just download 3ivx.com

I'll put money on it that it will work.

Posted Thu 03 May 07 @ 7:30 pm
Andy, Is your vid card integrated or dedicated?

Is your Dell a 7000 or 8000 series? number?

I think mine matches yours, but not sure?

Posted Thu 03 May 07 @ 7:35 pm
funkturnal, that is the codec I have installed. It works, so I know it's there, but not over a tv or projector. Only using the little video window in VDJ video selection.

Posted Thu 03 May 07 @ 10:46 pm
very strange doc z..I have no prob with mine & its connected to a pc

Posted Thu 03 May 07 @ 11:05 pm
Maybe the ultra techs could come up with an answer?

Posted Fri 04 May 07 @ 6:39 am
@bryan,

my laptop is a dell inspiron 6000, it's got a ati mobility radon x300 graphics card. That's got 128mb of dedicated ram on it, it's not very fast, but it just about works!

Also, Doc z, I've just had a little thought. I remember hearing somewhere that some video cards can only render on one video screen at a time. I wonder if this might be your problem!?

Just for a bit of an experiment, could you try chosing a skin with NO video windows in it (the simpler the skin the better), load an mp4 and then activate the video output, fist in a window to make sure it's displaying some output, but then change it to an external screen- to see if you still get the "loading" message.

Posted Fri 04 May 07 @ 11:48 am
Andy, didn't help. This is driving me nuts. It's just the mpeg4's. It worked again with the little window on the desktop, when I select in VDJ video out I get a blank screen. NOW, if I keep the little window open and drag it over to the TV it plays in the small screen fine on the TV? Man, I tried all the setting for the video card I can think of.

I had that problem about 10 years ago when I was a beta tester for another video program and all we did was change a setting in the video card, I think it had to do with overlays. I tried that here too and it still don't work.

Posted Fri 04 May 07 @ 5:51 pm
91%