Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: SAME MAYA 44 USB SOUNDCARD SINCE 2004..NEED HELP

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello all, ive owned the same soundcard since 2004 and i dont see any driver updates for it anywhere. its a maya 44 usb. It has been giving me alot of problems. I cannot get a 100% timecoded from any turntable even though sounds still play quality sucks tho. And i also can only deejay on MKII turntables and not MD3. Does anyone here use the Maya 44usb still or do you recommend that i upgrade to something of better quality...something that will be stable enough for deejay at a club using a club mixer. I need to buy one ASAP. thank u

Posted Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 10:46 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Maya44USB is still the best. Not sure why you are having the sound quality issues. If you are getting 100% signal with TC then INPUT is obviously fine so I don't think it's a driver issue. However, the output circuitry may be getting worn and starting to sound bad. The other thing would be to defrag your system and even possibly a complete refresh of the system (format reload). If you deside to go down that route, don't forget to make back ups of your XML database.

ESI/AudioTrak has re-released the MAYA44USB card, not sure how many people have them in stock (if any) but I still think it's the best.

Posted Sat 28 Apr 07 @ 12:09 am
I think you read wrong... I AM NOT gettin a 100 % time signal. i get a zero timecode signal but i still have a signal because i can hear the music and still scratch etc.

Posted Sun 29 Apr 07 @ 1:43 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hakeem2k3 wrote :
I think you read wrong... I AM NOT gettin a 100 % time signal. i get a zero timecode signal but i still have a signal because i can hear the music and still scratch etc.

Yep, I miss read sorry. But, I would go after the new MAYA44USB released. The next best thing I have seen is M-Audio's Conectiv box. Now the draw back on that one is that I think you only can get it as part of the Torq software package.

Posted Sun 29 Apr 07 @ 3:50 am
whats the difference between the new one? also, how is it titled, ie: "Maya 44 mk2"??

Posted Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 6:56 am
what is the name of the new one? Please post a link. Has anyone ever had a 0% timecode signal and still heard audio etc? Could this be a memory issue? I can only run relative and smart modes, when i try the needle drop feature (absolute)..it doesnt work. im assumin its because my signal is 0%.

Posted Tue 01 May 07 @ 5:35 am

Posted Tue 01 May 07 @ 5:43 am
aya 44 is a good, versatile, decent sounding card, but once you run an maudio, or a waveterminal, or an echo indigo card, you'll see that it's still an entry level pro card....it's way better than anything creative labs puts out, but a nice high end card will put the maya to shame...... same for the good old gigaport...

I run both the maya and a Virtual Vinyl box on my main gig machine, and the virtual vinyl box has far less latency, and has a much hotter output... fatter bass, crispier highs, just a more solid sound overall...

but I too still love the maya... you'd probably have no complaints if you don't ever a/b them.

Posted Tue 01 May 07 @ 9:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)