Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: video sinc, why are vocals off?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

rjd137PRO InfinityMember since 2006
why and what caues the audio to not sinc when playing a video in vdj. what can i do to fix this. is there a setting or some new codecs i need or dont have set right. Not all videos are off sinc, just some and dont know why. can anyone explain.

Posted Thu 26 Apr 07 @ 5:30 pm
could be the way they were encoded, you could have too slow of a machine to render fast enough to keep up, or you could be using the wrong codec.

google klite codec pack, and install it with all default options.. change your codecs to windows media player. this should cure any codec ills...

then if that doesn't work then try encodeing them a different way, or playing them as vob files... if it's still out of sync, it's probably your machine!

Posted Thu 26 Apr 07 @ 8:31 pm
What are your video card specs?

Posted Thu 26 Apr 07 @ 8:53 pm
Not enough memory, or CPU not fast enough, had this problem myself

Posted Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 1:10 am
rjd137PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ive got a dell xps- 2 gig ram- 2.33 pross and the nvida card. but like i said. its not happening to all videos just some. but listen ill try anything at this point

Posted Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 7:12 am
Hi,

I think I'd start by playing the problem files in windows media player (or something similar) to see if it's the files that are out of sync or whether it's VDJ.

Posted Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 11:36 am
I know what you are talking about. I get the same problem with some Xvid encoded videos. It seems to happen if I cue somewhere into the song instead of playing the song from the beginning. In other words, if I start the song from the beginning, it will stay in sync, if I cue to another part of the song, sync is lost. By the way, this is on an AMD 3800+ with a Nvidia 6800 Extreame video card. (1 gig of RAM) This just started happening with 4.3

Posted Sat 28 Apr 07 @ 2:44 am
As andytaylor said. Firstly we need to know if it's VDJ or the files, how do they play in mediaplayer? If they are still out of sync in mediaplayer then it needs the files remuxing which is pretty simple.

Posted Sat 28 Apr 07 @ 10:01 am
Sync is on for me in everything else, Winamp, WMP, etc...

Posted Sun 29 Apr 07 @ 5:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)