Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Clock in VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there a way in the xml file or registry or options to have the clock in VDJ display in 12 hour mode and not 24?

Funkmasterfrank

Posted Sun 22 Apr 07 @ 11:19 pm
watch, cellphone , sundial ??

Posted Mon 23 Apr 07 @ 8:28 pm
I would like to see that also. I am not in the armed forces, and would like that option.

Posted Mon 23 Apr 07 @ 8:33 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I always set hours to 24h, even if I say them in 12h mode :D 24h is more "professional" ;)

Posted Mon 23 Apr 07 @ 10:53 pm
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I was just about to post this same question.
I'm killing my cell phone battery having to open and close it 100 time a night to see what time it is.

Maybe just set the skin so the taskbar will always be on top so we can see the taskbars clock

Posted Mon 23 Apr 07 @ 10:55 pm
i was taken aback that you guys are serious about this but here goes ......whether it's traktor or vdj i find it difficult to read the small clocks , so i use the cellphone since as the father of two teen daughters i always have the lines of communication on 24/7 and it's so close that i see it light or hear it as the case may be .....

i stack my taskbar vertical and the screen tucks in nicely and it's easy to see the system clock

there are freeware aftermarket desktop clocks 'n calendars ......

all numbers greater than 12 equals pm .....1300 is 1 in the afternoon

Posted Mon 23 Apr 07 @ 11:43 pm
TexZK wrote :
I always set hours to 24h, even if I say them in 12h mode :D 24h is more "professional" ;)

Surely you jest. Wall street closes at 3pm. Every bank you know, has a clock that is in 12h. I have never had a client tell me her wedding started at 1400. Then again, maybe you live in a country where the "Professionals" use 24 hour time. If so, that is good. Some of us just want the option to choose. That way you can be happy, and I can be happy.

Posted Tue 24 Apr 07 @ 12:40 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
TexZK wrote :

I dont think its a question of professionalism, I think it is because of GMT. That way when someone is broadcasting the GMT conversion can be applied without any confusson. Then again I am just a caveman........

Posted Tue 24 Apr 07 @ 12:48 am
I do the converstion in my head without even thinking about it really.
Never really noticed.

Posted Tue 24 Apr 07 @ 2:54 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Look just set you computer clock back 12 hours - that way during the PM hours it's showing the AM which is 0:00 - 12:00 , then you only have to worry about the 12:01 - 23:59 after the midnight hour. Also, since your date will always be for the day you start the gig, then your automatic playlists will be for the date you started the gig and not ended the gig.

Posted Tue 24 Apr 07 @ 5:18 am
I'd would like a 12 hr clock as well... To me and every other person, night club, bar and hall I've bean in 12hr clock is the main stream.... Cant be that hard to have VDJ set itself to what your computer clock is set..... Well then the same could be said about the automix feature randomly jumping to the middle of the song.. DAM COMPUTERS

Posted Tue 24 Apr 07 @ 5:41 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
can somebody please help me tie my shoe laces....

Posted Tue 24 Apr 07 @ 11:47 am
goapmrHome userMember since 2004
the learned my one word for this. OBNOXIOUS. OOOOOO what a problem.

Posted Tue 24 Apr 07 @ 11:53 am
I think most got off topic as usual in this forum... Seriously, come on kids!

My original question was simply a "YES or "NO" type question... please review --

<original question>
Is there a way in the xml file or registry or options to have the clock in VDJ display in 12 hour mode and not 24?

See... "YES" or "NO"??

If you don't know the correct answer, don't waist my time!!

If you do know the answer please help me and others who are interested in this topic. If it's a "YES" can you give me some instructions on how and where to modify it. I am good with modifying the registry & xml files.

Thanks,
Funkmasterfrank
Montreal

Posted Tue 24 Apr 07 @ 2:04 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
it looks as though vdj clock is linked or synced to the clock in the task bar,maybes if you could change that setting it may also affect vdjs display, dunno just a thought...Tayla

Posted Tue 24 Apr 07 @ 2:22 pm

Posted Tue 24 Apr 07 @ 3:51 pm
Well, found time to check my BIOS and found that it uses the 24 hour format only and cannot be changed(I searched the net for answers). I assume VDJ programmers have linked the clock directly to the BIOS. Just hope that one day the VDJ team can link it to the tray clock and give everyone a choice in the options tab.

Regards,
Funkmasterfrank
Montreal

Posted Tue 24 Apr 07 @ 11:10 pm
It can be done, because it has been done in other software.

Posted Tue 24 Apr 07 @ 11:30 pm
I agree. This has nothing to do with system settings, your OS, or even where you are in the world. A 12 hour clock or the option to toggle between 24hrs and 12hrs is a good idea. It is simple programing and can be done.

Posted Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 8:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)