Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Need a good free VOB editor

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Anyone know of a good free VOB editor? I have only vob files of music video's in my hard drive. Some of them need to be split or trimmed. There are no .IFO or.BUP files or any kind of DVD structure, just .vob files. I know there are programs like Vegas out there, but I just need to trim a few VOB files and I don't want to have to buy a program just to do the 10 or so files I have. I've searched for freeware or shareware, but have come up empty so far.

Posted Mon 16 Apr 07 @ 5:07 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I actually did find one called MPG2Cut, and it works quite well... it's very simplew not terribly accurate, but quick & easy and gets the job done.

It's getting hard to find though... one of the links here should link to a working download for it.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=MPEG2Cut

Posted Tue 17 Apr 07 @ 6:55 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
If you have Nero6 or 7 DVD Burning software, you can create a DVD with those file and trim them there.
Burn them to a folder on your hard drive and rename the file.
this is a very fast way to edit several videos at once.

Posted Tue 17 Apr 07 @ 5:04 pm
Thanks, I found it. Can you tell me how to use it? I loaded a file and used the slider at the bottom to trim the beginning of the video to where I wanted it to start. I then saved the file and played it on the program and it started right where I edited it. Great, except for 2 things: #1 no audio, even when first initially loading the un-edited file and 2. when I go to play the edited file I saved with Power DVD, it only plays a black screen with no audio, but if I play the file through the editing program it plays, just with no audio. I went to the programs home page but it is in German and I don't speak German. What settings should I use and can you give me a breif tutorial?

Posted Tue 17 Apr 07 @ 5:08 pm
In my last post, I'm refering to MPG2cut.

Posted Tue 17 Apr 07 @ 5:10 pm
I have Nero 6 Ultra Edition but have never used it. I tried to open my VOB files on my harddrive, but can't seem to navigate to my folders. It's only searching for DVD drives. Is there a tutorial anywhere that can guide me?

Posted Tue 17 Apr 07 @ 5:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)