Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: mp4? - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Andy, you used Super? What did you convert the mpeg4 to? I tried mpeg2 and it is real grainy. I really noticed it on fergalicious by fergie. A couple spots where the background is blurry in the video are real grainy. Which settings are you using in Super? Also, which codec are you using?

Posted Mon 23 Apr 07 @ 1:45 pm
I tried the program super with its' default setting to try to convert mpeg4 to the mpeg2. I think it looks grainy. I was using fergalicious by fergie. I downloaded a sample program called easy movie creater and changing the default video bitrate from 750 to 1500, it made a difference in the quality of output. The origional mpeg4 is 31.3mb and the converted mpeg2 is 38.0mb. The bad thing is the program isn't free, but cheap at 27.00usa. I didin't try yet with VDJ and video out, maybe later tonight.

Anybody doing something different to convert mpeg4 for good results?

Posted Mon 23 Apr 07 @ 9:58 pm
I just tried converting to Avi using super and video/audio was out of sync, and I really didn't see any increase in quality.

Posted Mon 23 Apr 07 @ 10:25 pm
I have some videos in mp4 and I was trying to run it in VDJ. Now, I'm checking the recomendation that you posted. I'll test the K lite codecs to check if it works with my mp4 video files. I'm converting all my karaoke videos to this format. I have another issue and I would like to know if some of you know about it. I would like to have a balance feature on my VDJ. Maybe, the software have something and I've not noticed about it. I was trying to reduce the operation of changing the output config, because I need to mute the voice channel that come in either right, either left channel on the video file. What is your recomendation?

Posted Mon 23 Apr 07 @ 11:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)