Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hercules MK2 and Virtual DJ full version

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I purchased an MK2 which came with what seems to be a watered down version of Virtual DJ how do I upgrade this version and insure that it will continue to work with my MK2 mixer? I am afraid of purchasing a full version of VDJ and find out it doesn't work with the MK2 because only the MK2 version works and yet I want all the functionalities like changing the soundcard setup in the settings etc.

Posted Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 2:51 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005

Posted Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 12:05 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i have been using it for a year now it works well , hope to see you with us soon :)

Posted Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 2:49 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
The Pro version has EVEN MORE functionalities for the Mk2, like external mixer setup and customisable mappers support! You can't do without once you've bought it!

Posted Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 2:54 pm
I have Hercules MK2, VDJ version that comes with it and Numark CUE on my machine. The video mixing does not work on my machine. When I upgraded to VISTA the video worked however my soundcard and the controller did not and I am back to XP pro and the video does not work. All the support guys at Numark told me it should work and I have gone thru usual uninstall and reinstall cycles but the video just does not work. It just comes on then freezes and flickers and only the audio keeps working. Is there a fix for this problem?
My Computer is :

XPS M1210: Intel Core Duo Processor T7200 (2.0 GHz/667MHz FSB/4MB Cache)
LCD Panel: 12.1" Widescreen WXGA (1280 x 800) display
Memory: 2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz
Graphics Card: 256MB NVidia GeForce Go 7400 TurboCache
Hard Drive: 80GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
Optical Storage: 24X CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive
Wireless Networking Cards: Dell Wireless 1490 802.11a/b/g
Operating System: Genuine Windows XP Professional (CD Included) - Upgrade eligible to Vista Business through Dell

Posted Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 2:59 pm
hey guy please don't double post

@ jj007104......

the pro version has a lot more and is totally compatible with the herc and also Vista .....

i'm a fairly new user i purchased new year's eve '06 ........ you'll be glad you did.....the software is great , there are very active enthusiastic users here , and it's amazing all the links to cool stuff you learn from others as well as free audio and video plugins ........

only get it if you really like cool features , free samples ,fx , skins , t shirts , wallpapers , toolbars , podcasting .........

Posted Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 6:57 pm
Thanks all of you for the advice, you answered my question and more, I am going to purchase the pro version now

@chucknorrisyouwimps

You said the magic word...podcasting...I purchased 600 dollars worth of equipment (studio monitor speakers, mixer, mics) all so I can podcast but I am finding out I need more then the features I am getting with this version of VDJ that's the reason for my posting in the first place...thanks bro I will let you know how it works out

Posted Sun 15 Apr 07 @ 9:24 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
djdeep44 wrote :
Graphics Card: 256MB NVidia GeForce Go 7400 TurboCache

Your problem is here. Indeed this card (and the 7300) has problems on XP. It's a NVidia problem in this case.

Posted Sun 15 Apr 07 @ 10:19 pm
I wish it was right with the system requirement details that the card has problem. My laptop specs are greater than what is laid out as requirements and should work out of the box and now I know video is not going to work. Now what is the solution? Can you please suggest something.
Thanks

Posted Mon 16 Apr 07 @ 5:25 am
@jj007104 ..........

podcasting already has a lot of people doing it and a lot of competition ......what makes it great is the entry fee is minimal and to succeed you just have to be great ...lol

internet broadcasting is very well , unusually well , supported here ........ i often ponder the potential,for instance could i use podcasting to replace low end mobile gigs or low end strip club junk ???

what if i decided that i want to enjoy making music and being creative with much less interference from outside ...... podcasting has that potential .... if you are an experienced enough dj and maybe a little bit business savvy having your very own broadcast outlet could be huge.......

Posted Mon 16 Apr 07 @ 9:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)