Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Video Mixing HELP! - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Rory05PRO InfinityMember since 2005
andytaylor125 wrote :
Of course! the sound card built into the herc!

Have you set the quality fader all the way to the left hand side on the options tab?

As for videos, if you're in europe you can try www.mixmash.com

Not sure where abouts in the world you are, but in the UK, a venue needs a license from VPL to legally play music videos on their screens. They also need a license from PPL to allow them to play music publically, but any club should have that already.

If you want to put mp3s onto your computer, in the uk you're meant to have a "digital dj license" to enable you to use the files for public performance. I don't think any other countries have this though.

As far as I know, nobody's ever been prosecuted for simply having copied music videos onto their hard drive.

I think there's even a few people on here who illegally download music vids and use those, I've never heard anybody say that they've had legal issues! (Wouldn't recommend it though, doesn't look very professional!)

I'm from Dublin, Ireland! I'm not sure what the story with licensing over here is! I've never been asked for a license or proof of my music though! Bagpuss mentioned the licensing in the UK to me once. It does make sense though cos in all fairness I'd say theres not even one DJ on this site that has got all their music 100% legally! A lot of mine is from CD's I bought, some is from mates CD collections and then theres some dodgy downloaded ones! But 90% of the music I use for cub gigs (chart, hip-hop, rnb etc) is music I bought. I only use a downloaded song if Im really stuck ie. in a huge rush to get to a gig on time and don't have a chance to go out and buy it untill after!

Rory

Posted Wed 11 Apr 07 @ 3:50 am
No, same here in England, I've never actually met anybody who's been asked to prove where they got all their music from. (I've heard 'I know a guy, who know a guy that it happened to...')

A number of DJs think that the record companies know that most people have at least the odd track obtained without perchase, so that's why they made that digital dj license, just to try and get some of that money that they're losing. I'm not that cynical, but it's a good point!

Since you're in dublin, i don't think that license even applies to you though.

Sounds like what you're doing makes sense, only downloading when it's necessary. There's lots of people who just think 'why pay when i can get it for free?'. Apparently if you were ever caught with illegal downloads the fine in the past has been about £70 per CDs worth, so if you keep the number of tracks down to a minimum you wouldn't be in that much hot water even in the unlikely event of them tightening up enforcement.

:)

Posted Wed 11 Apr 07 @ 3:54 pm
Well I guess the digital DJ license does make sense then! No doubt it will be everywhere in a few years!

Anyways, thanks for all the help guys!! All I have to do know is concentrate on getting my music video collection together!! Any tips on that feel free to post!!

Thanks,
Rory!

Posted Wed 11 Apr 07 @ 7:26 pm
Rory05 wrote :
A Man And His Music: Just sometimes when I put the fader on the herc console all the way to the left or right when theres music playing ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE!! Loads of mad digital sounds and distorsion etc.! Was just mixing some vid's there and it wasnt happening though! It comes an goes.

You need to get that fixed, and in a hurry. How old is this Herc? Maybe it just needs to be cleaned, with contact cleaner. Read the directions, FIRST.

Posted Wed 11 Apr 07 @ 9:25 pm
I think its about 1 and a 1/2 years old. TBH after about 2 months there was bits falling off it. The jog wheels keep falling off it aswell!! An none of the buttons ever really worked after about a month!! Bit of a waste of money but it's what got me in to DJ'in!

I pretty much just use the herc as a sound card and sometimes I use the jog wheels, not a huge amount though 'cos I have a load of cue points set up in most of my songs!

I don't think it needs to be cleaned because it only happens sometimes. I think its something more to do with VDJ unfortunatley!

Rory

Posted Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 3:42 pm
para que me enseñen como conectar la pc al tornamesa

Posted Mon 16 Apr 07 @ 2:44 am
albert johan yepes wrote :
para que me enseñen como conectar la pc al tornamesa

In English please! I don't even know what language that is! lol

Posted Mon 16 Apr 07 @ 9:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)