Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Problems with scratch enhanced algorithm?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey Guys,

Sorry for not posting this in the bugs area but I'm not sure if it's a bug yet. So, I wanted input from more people. I was testing out 4.3 last night for several hours and have discovered some problems. I still use 3.4 for gigs because of past problems that still exist in 4.x. The main problem listed here : http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/54680/PC_version_bugs_report/VDJ4_preview_audio_bug_.html?page=1
still exists in 4.3.

Here is the other problem I have discovered in 4.3. You're playing a song in one deck and when enhanced algorithm is selected in the performances tab and you attempt any semi-vigorous movement with the other player, the audio will halt on the other player until it catches up on the second player and then continue. This problem goes away when using simple algorithm. This happens at any preset level and any latency including auto and any buffer setting in the enhanced algorithm and with safe mode on or off and with overclock on or off. I verified this on 2 separate machines with completely different hardware.

The second thing I noticed was that choosing simple scratch algorithm adversely affected the sound quality and master tempo quality. Again this happened at any preset level any latency etc...

Specs for the two systems:
My specs for my DJ system are: Toshiba T2400 Duo Core laptop with 2GB of ram and Gigaport AG soundcard using ASIO 2.61 drivers. Output channels were set 1/2 for preview & sample, 3/4 deck 1 and 5/6 for deck 2. Xp Pro.

The second system tested on was an AMD 3800+X2 Dual core with 1GB of ram using Cmedia Digital 5.1 for main and AC97 for preview. XP pro

Oh I have a dac-3 attached but that makes no difference it happens with or without. It's fun watching VDJ 4.x completely halt when you spin the other deck though with the Dac-3.

Anyone else have these issues? I don't understand how 4.x can be so finicky. When I use 4.x I feel it's always on the edge of skipping or something bad no matter what. 3.4 runs flawlessly. Needless to say I'll still be using good ol' solid 3.4 and awaiting the next round of bug "fixes".

Posted Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 9:35 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
does it on mine too, just assumed that is was the fact it was only an AMD2600+ and other people with more powerful computers could use it fine. guess not. its allways done that for me, skip and go generaly crappy if you wind back fast with the TCV and the other deck is playing. and you can forget having enhanced and good timestretch switched on at the same time. like DJing through syrup not to mention the garbled sound.

by the way head over to the bugs section and see if you can help me out with my one too! ;)

4.3 is yet another baby step in the rite direction but were not quite at perfection yet! ;)

Posted Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 11:44 pm
Agreed. Just too many baby steps imo.

Posted Sat 31 Mar 07 @ 3:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)