Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Numark Total Control Cue LE, what's "disabled"?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

I am one of the guys waiting around for Numark Total Control to be released, with CUE LE. In the demo videos, they say that CUE LE, which is included with the Total Control, is just like the full version, only you can not send the video. In a recent thread, I read that CUE LE would be similiar to VDJ with Hercules with some features disabled or removed.

So my question is, is there any other features removed or disabled in the CUE LE version that comes with the Numark Total Control, that I should be aware of? I can do without video. I was considering it for a bit, but don't have it in the budget until probably next year, midi controller and a few other fix and repairs came first for this tax return, so if I decide to do video, I can always get the full version next year.

Anyway, is there anything else disabled or removed in the CUE LE version? Can you still preview through headphones? Is the sampling, scratching, looping all still there?

Also, any word on the release? I'm getting anxious here :)

Posted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 6:55 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
im not sure but i think it will be the same as console edition for mk2

i think there will be a discount to upgrade to pro at some point :)

Posted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 10:44 am
So does that mean it will only be able to output on a single channel at once, with no facility for headphone cueing? That would make it less use than the Hercules, as that at least has H/P socket on the unit itself, unlike Total Control.
I'm also waiting around to see if it is suitable for my needs, as unfortunately at this time I can't afford a controller AND a full copy of the software. Any clues on the abled and disabled features would be much apreciated! Thanks :)

Posted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 1:54 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i cannot confirm this until the release sorry.

im not sure yet.

Posted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 2:17 pm
The Hercules and the Home Edition both supports prelisten.

It supports the use of ONE soundcard only, so to prelisten that ONE soundcard needs to have two stereo outputs ( a regular usb 5.1 soundcard will do).

This is probably true for the Numark Cue LE too.

All these verions does not support two seperate stereo outs, one for each deck, to connect to external mixer, and a few other limitations (such as upgrades and download), and will most likely not work with timecode for more that 5 minutes at the time.

An indication of the usual differences can be seen here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

And it will probably be discounted upgrades avaiable too, when/or if you later feel the need for that
A bit of the upgrade advantages can be seen here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/djcedition.html

Posted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 5:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)