Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: XP10 Setup

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm thinking ot getting a pair of XP10's & a maybe a Gemini PMX03, but I'm slighlty confused (not for the first time!)

The PMX03 just has 1 output. If I want to record from VDJ - how do I do it?

Also, I've got a HDJC right now, and like having the beatmatch, fx, cue, etc on the mixer, so I guess I'll have to get used to using the laptop for that - maybe I should be looking at a different mixer? Anyone using a USB mixer that supports any of those functions?

Thanks!

Posted Mon 26 Mar 07 @ 12:43 am

If you want to record from the mixer, you need to connect the output from the mixer, back into the PC again and record there, or to a second PC, mini disk, or other sort of recorder.

The XP10s have quite a few buttons, so can control VDJ much the same way as the Hercules, minus the crossfader, but that you will be doing on external mixer now anyways.

There are mixer that have midi built in, but not sure why you want that?
The real advantage comes with video mixing, where the crossfader on external mixer in hardware cuts the audio signal, and same crossfaders midi signal is used to control the software video crossfader.
Such mixer are for example the Nuo4 mixer.

But if you dont plan to mix videos, two XP10s and an external mixer would be a very profesional and good setup.

Other options for "upgrading" from Hercules could also be Vestax VCI100 or Numark TotalControl, but nether have a soundcard built in though

Posted Mon 26 Mar 07 @ 1:46 am
So I guess, I need to make sure my new mixer has 2 outputs?

Was thinking about the VCI100, but they've not arrived in the UK yet, and I like the option of being able to upgrade the mixer at some stage.

Thanks for your help!

Posted Mon 26 Mar 07 @ 10:38 am
No plans to mix video by the way (still learning MP3's lol!)

Posted Mon 26 Mar 07 @ 12:29 pm
how do you connect the mixer into a pc

Posted Mon 26 Mar 07 @ 4:24 pm
use the 2nd output of your mixer, and connect that to the line in on your pc - you should then be able to record from that

Posted Wed 28 Mar 07 @ 12:07 am
the line in on the pc is the same for the mic right?

Posted Sat 07 Apr 07 @ 8:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)