Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: internal database corrupted

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

o.k i did two hours on the vdj radio last night ..all was o.k.

then whe trying to get on radio this morning i got a connection error.so i restarted vdj and to my surprise "internal database corrupted"!!!

now am i able to use the databasefixer for this? reason i ask is cause when i go to my xml file it only shows 1 song !! so will it bring my songs back or do i have to do a reinstall of vdj and scan all my files again? any help is appeciated

on the plus side , i did my set and some of my friends text me saying it was a nice set.even though i had no bpm's ,no virtual folders,no playlists,etc...(kinda sucks when i only 1 1/2 mins to go on the air "live" .. but as they say "the show must go on" heheh

thanks

Posted Wed 21 Mar 07 @ 11:32 pm

What program did you open the XML file in ?
If you opened it in say Internet Explorer, it will only show about 1-2 entries, although there are plenty more...

Try open it in Notepad.. to see the whole XML content

If there is lots there, use the Database fix tool

Posted Thu 22 Mar 07 @ 1:43 am
o.k .... i c a lot now ;thanks

Posted Thu 22 Mar 07 @ 2:49 am
that so needs to be fixed......by default not in a skin........

Posted Thu 22 Mar 07 @ 3:11 am
i'm sorry i missed it..... that's brutal , go live and no info .........all the things you do b4 you hit play need a big upgrade.........

i'm still using Traktor for audio/ database.....VDJ only for video/viz

get cstoll's xml tool....read and do the read me.........work's great that should be included by default in an official release (not a skin)..........

Posted Thu 22 Mar 07 @ 3:22 am
Just back up the Database(User).xml file anytime you add or analyze to a safe spot and this wont be a nightmare. I am assuming you had a backup but wanted to see why this happened. Happy Spinnin

Posted Thu 22 Mar 07 @ 6:40 am
discobrian24 wrote :
Just back up the Database(User).xml file anytime you add or analyze to a safe spot and this wont be a nightmare. I am assuming you had a backup but wanted to see why this happened. Happy Spinnin

yea i Do.......But..I haven't backed it up since first installing 4.2 : (

cstolls tool did it !! wow ,and soo quick too.

thanks for the help. (gotta remembe to back up after every analyze)

Posted Thu 22 Mar 07 @ 4:20 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you read the readme of my tool and set the right options it will back up your database after every use of VDJ -- Or, run the tool after every use and it will do the same.

Posted Fri 23 Mar 07 @ 12:56 am
cstoll: thats the best plugin i've ever used;thankx for making it : ) .

now if only some one could make a bpm plugin that was as fast as this And acurate !! lol

Posted Fri 23 Mar 07 @ 2:30 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Your welcome...!

Posted Fri 23 Mar 07 @ 4:31 am
vysokanHome userMember since 2005
Hey guys,

I made a tricky thing. I first moved my VirtualDJdatabase from Virtual DJ directory out. Saved it. Then I let Virtual DJ to create a new database. That took him a little time. I mean it was after few restarts, track scan and so on.... And at last I tried to copy the previous stuff, everything what was in the former database using notepad program and copied everything, and happily everything works :-D

Maybe will help some individuals here ;-)

BR

Posted Sat 28 Apr 07 @ 1:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)