Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: DAC2 Mapper with safe pitch?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've been using the DAC3, but had to revert back to a DAC2 as I have had problems with the DAC3.

I have used both CSTOLL and PERN's DAC2 Mappers with my DAC2 for some time. Unfortunatly both mapper are missing safe pitch wher the virtual slider does not move until it matches the physical one. This cause a pitch Jump in the middle of a song because currently, soon as you move the DAC pitch slider, the virtual slider instantly matches to it. This can give you a jump from say +5% to 0%, just by touching the slider on the DAC.

Does anyone have any plans to add this feature to to a DAC2 mapper, soonish?

Or as a second measure could somone send me the code for a working VDJ 4.1 basic DAC2 mapper so I can try to impliment it myself. I'm happy to use it for personal use only (No release), I just miss my old DAC2 mapper, I had it all set up the way I needed it, and don't understand how to convert my old pre 4.1 code to 4.1 compatable code.

Thanks

Posted Thu 15 Mar 07 @ 4:13 am
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Posted Thu 15 Mar 07 @ 8:10 am
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
And i will upload a new version of my DAC-2 mapper with this fixed next week also .

Posted Thu 15 Mar 07 @ 8:12 am
Unfortunatly I have too many key changes from Perns to CStolls version, this can make a big problem with live performance. Theres also no manual video trasition button, just the automatic one, that is applied with the play buttons. LOOP on CSTOLLs mapper is the real loop button, where as I have gotten far too used to pressing this after every mix, as both my mapper, and Perns use this for the manual video transition. This would cause me to enable a loop, everytime I finish mixing in a song.

Both mappers have fantastic features, that combined would be just spot on for me. Pern's is the closest, The only problem I have with Pern's is the safe pitch issue (And thats been addressed) and the Play/Load modes that mess up the play and cue leds if VDJ is in automix mode, or a song ends of its own accord. Idealy for me, I just need the play LED to show play, The cue led to show cue, and the load button to load whatever is highlighted in the recordcase.

I don't suppose Pern would bless me with a private stripped down version of the current mapper (as above), with safe pitch, I would be forever thankful.

=]]]]

Posted Thu 15 Mar 07 @ 9:54 am
If you can write down what you need in more detail and send me, then will i look at it.

Posted Thu 15 Mar 07 @ 11:23 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
My mapper does have the safe pitch capability and I use it regularly, so you must have one of the early versions I posted. Also, don't forget my mapper starts off with the MASTER PITCH ON, you need to turn it OFF to get the RESET (SAFE) PITCH mode. Direct Link - http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=2945

Here is the readme for pitch options --
[-- PITCH --]
There are two (2) modes for the Pitch slider.
1. Master Pitch [Default] **Recommended for Experts Only**
2. Reset Pitch

When in the Master Pitch [Default] mode the pitch slider is absolute in it's setting.
This means that when ever a track is loaded to a deck, the pitch of the track will be
adjusted to reflect the pitch slider’s position on the controller surface.

*** BIG NOTE ****** BIG NOTE ****** BIG NOTE ****** BIG NOTE ****** BIG NOTE ******
This mode does eliminate the "Auto Pitch-Reset", "Pitch Reset", "Smooth Pitch Reset
to Zero (0)", "BeatLock" and "SYNC" capabilities of VirtualDJ. SYNC will attempt
to line up the BEATs or CBGs, however; because the pitch values are not equal the
results are unpredictable.
*** BIG NOTE ****** BIG NOTE ****** BIG NOTE ****** BIG NOTE ****** BIG NOTE ******

Reset Pitch mode allows the features mentioned above in the BIG NOTE available. Reset
Pitch mode allows VirtualDJ to adjust the Pitch based on your CONFIG – OPTIONS setting
OR the result of the actions of BeatLock, SYNC, Pitch Reset, etc. To re-link the pitch
slider on the controller surface the pitch slider on the controller must be moved to the
position of where the pitch is in VDJ OR return to 0 (0%) Pitch in order to lock and
correctly adjust the pitch.

The mapper configuration dialog contains a button - MSTR PITCH – for toggling between
the two (2) modes.
Default is ON = Master Pitch [MSTR PITCH]

Also, pern here is the code you need for the 'safe' pitch as halo_djk describes it. The feature is a default action within VDJ, so you just need to return E_NOTIMPL

In the OnSlider method

HRESULT CmyDAC2::OnSlider(int chan,int slider,int absvalue,int delta)
{
if( slider == DMC1_SLIDER_PITCH ){
return E_NOTIMPL;
}
}

Posted Thu 15 Mar 07 @ 10:13 pm
At the moment i just have to finish the LEDs for AutoMix mode.

Posted Fri 16 Mar 07 @ 9:21 am
Awesome, can't wait!

Posted Sun 18 Mar 07 @ 5:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)