Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: support for reading itunes and windows media player playlist

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

It would be nice to create playlist in itunes or windows media player and have virtual dj read those playlist. I know a lot of dj's probably use itunes to sort and maintain there music library.

Posted Sun 25 Feb 07 @ 5:50 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you can import intunes playlists by right clicking on the left hand of the browser , and pressing import itunes playlists they will now apear in the itunes folder

playlists , m3u and pls can be read by vdj vdj will load up all the songs into the playlist window :)

Posted Sun 25 Feb 07 @ 6:43 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, you can create playlist's in Media Player and then use them in VDJ. The big thing is making sure that the path reference to your audio tracks is consistent. I can't make a track list on my desktop and then use it on my laptop -- unless the hard drive where my music is at it the same drive letter when connected to the desktop OR laptop.

Posted Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 8:03 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 12:22 am
i made a good playlist at windows media player but it's to much of a hassle to get all the songs searched again, so how do i place that playlist in VDJ?

Posted Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 11:05 am
Hi Jack 1234,

- First, in WMP, locate your playlist (right click)
- Be sure it's an .m3u playlist
- If it's a m3u playlist, just copy it and put this copy in the folder: VDJ / Playlists

That's all you have to do if it's already a m3u playlist. But by default, WMP save playlists in .wpl .

So, if it's a .wpl playlist :
- In WMP: open your playlist and put it in the player
- Save as...
- Under "save as", you can choose the type (between wpl, m3u...). Choose m3u
- take this new saved playlist and put it in the folder: VDJ / playlists

Hope it helps

Posted Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 12:41 pm
Thanks - that really helped.
I use VDJ on Win 7, just to note that the VDJ Playlists folder is in the Documents Library, not the Music Library or Program Files in case anyone gets stuck looking for it.

Posted Mon 29 Aug 11 @ 12:57 pm
What media player do in need to play my mixes outside of Virtual DJ 8 (I have Windows 7)

Posted Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 9:21 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If you just want to be able to play your playlists every media player that could read .m3u files will do it.
If you have recorded a mix it depends on what format you used.

If you don't know, just use VLC Player.

Posted Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 4:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)