Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Corrupt error

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

squeakHome userMember since 2006
Hey I dowloaded a trial version of VDJ the other day and I really enjoyed it and I was poibly thinking of purchasing the real pro version. However just today I tried opeing up the trial ersion and it said internal corrupt error or something like that. Anyways now the cue ponts which I had and my BPMs and stuff in VDJ dont show. Is there anyway to fix this because i want to know this before I go and buy the real version. I was also wondering as I have a bcd2000 can I plug that in to VDJ and hook that up t my two turntables via the rca things to the BCD and use the BCD as the mixer in VDJ. Thanbks in advance.

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 1:43 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
pro users have a tool to fix the database it is because there is an unclosed tag some where in your database

each song should end like this </song>

for info on how to use the bcd as a timecode card check out this blog

http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/juliocqb/

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 1:58 am
Hey until I get the pro version is there a way so i can see my Cues etcs without buying the pro software yet as i need a few more quid.

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 2:43 am
yes go through the database file and check all the tags are closed like i said.

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 2:48 am
Like through VDJ going through the database. Thanks i have my last question now. My freind has a BCD also and he works it with VDJ and says every thing runs preety smoothly apart from when he uses his keyboard for a shortcut to set off a sampler the sampler sound for some time but then it cause all the audio of VDJ to stop. If I try this with mine will it be the same. Do you no how to resovle this if it happenes? Thanks in advance.

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 3:00 am
Hey. My fried was over today and he got got my BCD working with VDJ. The only thingis that I am wondering now is that how can I get my database not to be corrupted. I don't understand you sky. All it says in VDJ are the names of my songs. Please help!!

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 3:23 pm
each song in your database file must look like this

<Song FileName="Aqua - Cartoon heroes.mp3" FileSize="3450715" TagDate="701152313">
<Display TagRead="1" />
<Infos SongLength="9499392" />
<BPM Bpm="20672" Phase="6752" BeatPhase="3" />
<FAME IsScanned="1" Volume="5727" />
<Automix MixType="3" TempoStart="1474464" TempoEnd="8089504" CutStart="1474016" CutEnd="9102496" FadeStart="16896" FadeEnd="9384960" />
</Song>

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 6:16 pm
with closed tags note that each bit of info will be different for each song ie fame values just ensure the songs look similar this error is because a song near the end isnt closed properly this happens when your pc isnt shut down properly when using vdj , need it to close sucessfuly

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 6:19 pm
Hey matesorry to bother you but in my database it just says the song name, the artist and the bpm and if you want to leave a comment about it. If I find ths file do I just delete it? Help man. Sorry about being so stupid.

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 7:50 pm
check the file virtual dj database (yourname).xml

deleting the file will wipe all of your cue points !

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 7:53 pm
Last post now sky. Everythnig is working perfectly apart from when I am running my sound through the BCD and i press the sample button the sound goes off. Doyou have any answers to this problem?

Posted Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 5:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)