Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Good God, Fix the Video intro Sound problem already!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Many people know that with many popular video formats, virtualDJ will not play the first few seconds of audio, and sometimes has an ear-shattering glitch or burst of noise at the point the sound finally kicks in. This really sucks for trying to mix a song from a point near the beginning.

There *must* be some kind of easy workaround for this until the decoder gets rewritten/patched. I know so many people that would have loved to have used VirtualDJ until they found out about this issue, and that wrecked the deal for them.

Could you not just synthesize a few seconds of blank audio near the beginning when buffering the song, and then get that little bit at the biginning to work? So VDJ artificially adds in a few seconds of blank video in the beginning so that the real beginning actually works properly?

Come on... it's been years now that we've been waiting to have this problem fixed. This issue wrecks what is otherwise phenomenal video DJ software!

Posted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 3:19 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Supacon wrote :
Many people know that with many popular video formats, virtualDJ will not play the first few seconds of audio, and sometimes has an ear-shattering glitch or burst of noise at the point the sound finally kicks in.

If many people know then why is this the first post about it?
I don't have any problems playing video from the very beginning and have never experienced the problem.

???

Posted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 5:21 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i dont even use video and i can tell you its def not the first post, with (divx is it>?) vid file VDJ doesnt work as it should, the first couple of seconds is blank of sound and then, as supacon says, there is (at best) a loud pop (not what you want if you are running through a system run at the limmit)

Posted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 11:05 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
So what you are saying is that it is isolated to the DivX codec and you are using the Internal Video Decoder? or MS Media Player as the video decoder?

And if you know the problem exists - have you tried a different codec or encryption? Maybe just as a VOB? or MPEG-1 or 2?

Posted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 4:48 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Yeah, there have been many posts about this, and the general response has been... deal with it, work around it.

If you switch the video codecs over to Windows Media Player General Video Decoder, on some systems that can help with this problem, but then you usually get other, worse problems, like the video being out of sync with the audio, or in my case, the program freezing for almost 30 seconds while you load a new video, which is completely unacceptable.

The performance of the internal video decoder is the best so far (perhaps it can be improved though, so you don't need the fastest processor on the market to run video smoothly and efficiently). It just needs that audio glitch fixed, and I've been told over and over that "It'll get fixed in a subsequent version."

Well... so far there has been one major new release, and two significant updates, and still no improvement with this problem. I can tell you that for anyone testing the demo with video, that big sound glitch after three seconds of no audio where it should be pretty much kills the deal. I think that Atomix should really make this issue a pretty high priority... it's not like DivX or related codecs are an obscure niche that you don't come across very often either... it's most of what's available for download on the net, and the most obvious choice for encoding your DVDs.

Posted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 8:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)