Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: my Logo in the corner

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I like to have a my Logo in the corner of the video screen like VH1, MTV…
What do I need to do to accomplish this….

Posted Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 7:13 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
DJ Cel has developed a plugin called "ShowLogo" (if I remember well). You can put a logo where you want and you can also apply a transparency colour.

Posted Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 8:30 am
Thanks.. How do I create a Logo… ???

Posted Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 9:33 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
any jpg file will suffice make it in paint or photoshop ;)

Posted Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 1:05 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
A bitmap is better than a jpeg if you intend to make a logo like MTV

Posted Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 6:32 pm
ashlarPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Photoshop nor illustrator save to bitmap format that I'm aware of. Not even "saving for the web" within Image Ready. Secondly, how do you get a tranparent background when saved as such to even open within the much valued plug-in? Paint will only save files that have a colored background from my experiences.

Photoshop saves as: psd, eps, jpeg, pds, pdf, raw, sct or tiff.
Illustrator saves as: ai, pdf, eps, ait, svg or svgz.
Image Ready saves as: gif, jpeg, png, swf, svg and wbmp (which Ill assume as windows bitmap).

Out of all the formats these high end design programs, only gif, png and svg save with transparent or no visible matte backgrounds.

I have yet to get ShowLogo to even want to load a gif or jpeg file. Crossing fingers with the latest build and will keep you posted.

Many thanks for taking the time and making such a wonderful plugin in the first place.

Posted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 5:55 am
A jpg created with a transparent background and a black type only logo will not open in ShowLogo.

Neither a 32, 64 or 128 bit gif will open within ShowLogo (created in Photoshop and saved via Image Ready).

Nor a 8 and 16 bit png file. Nor does a mono, 16, 256 color or 24 bit bmap created within paint.

Am I missing something here?!

Posted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 6:41 am
Ok, I finally figured out as you open a file you have to select its "type" in the drop down box below the files name to be opened.

The "mask" feature is awesome! I'm wondering if I created a black background (since transparent dont seem to work) and make my type white, if itll show up nicer?

Again, many thanks for the program in the first place and all the time youve spent on it.

It would be nice if there was a small read me file included with the description or zipped within the file tself. This would be the case for all plug-ins =D

Posted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 9:49 am
There is a hidden slider to change the color of the "transparent background color" (between white, black, red, green, blue). You need a skin with a high browser. Sorry for that.

In fact, it's not really a transparent background but it detects a background color (by default the real white) and removes it. It was easier for people in order to use it with paint ;-)

Posted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 10:09 am
djcel wrote :
There is a hidden slider to change the color of the "transparent background color" (between white, black, red, green, blue). You need a skin with a high browser. Sorry for that.

In fact, it's not really a transparent background but it detects a background color (by default the real white) and removes it. It was easier for people in order to use it with paint ;-)

Where exacly is the hidden slider?

Does your plugin support animated gif files?

Thanks Cel =D

Posted Wed 14 Feb 07 @ 1:47 am
ashlar wrote :
Does your plugin support animated gif files?

No

Posted Wed 14 Feb 07 @ 5:52 pm
PapaokePRO InfinityMember since 2005
If i want to open a file i get the message: Unable to open the file!

Posted Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 3:17 pm
Which extension does your file have?

Posted Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 5:09 pm
PapaokePRO InfinityMember since 2005
i tested jpg, bmp.

Posted Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 11:11 am
Ok i think i will make the activation of this plugin easier because apparently some users have the same error.

Posted Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 4:13 pm
Cel, I get the 'unable to open file' error but it still opens it, that's with jpegs. I just ignore the error

Posted Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 4:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)