Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Custom DJC Mapper

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

adrianhHome userMember since 2006
Hi Guys

I wrote a "hardcoded" DJC mapper for a buddy of mine last year sometime for 3.4. I got it working and he has been fine until last week. He upgraded to 4.2 from 3.4 and my mapper no longer works :(

After searching the forums, I concluded that the APIs have changed. I have started to rewrite based on the new SDK, but the problem I am experiencing is that only the first 3 methods are being called when choosing the device plugin in VDJ 4.2 effects menu ->

OnLoad
OnGetPluginInfo
OnGetUserInterface

I am stuck on what to do because it seems that the plugin is loading up, but the device methods (OnTimer, OnButton, etc) and not being fired.

I have both required header files (vdjDevice.h, vdjPlugin.h), and am inheriting my new mapper from IVdjPluginDevice. I have overridden all the methods but still only the methods above get called.

Any pointers (heheh...pun) will be appreciated.

Bye

Posted Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 10:54 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Upgraded to 4.2 DEMO? What do you wait to be PRO user? ;)
Mapper work only in PRO version, not in DJconsole edition...

Posted Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 12:19 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
take a moment to use our
discount for mk2 users :)

Posted Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 12:49 pm
Hi

Unfortunately, I am not interested in upgrading to VDJ Pro. I bought my console as a party toy and I gave it away to a friend of mine to use as he was Dj'ing part-time. He bought VDJ Pro sometime last year (VDJ Pro 3.4). I wrote him a mapper which he has used for ages until he downloaded and upgraded his version on his laptop.

So to cut a long story short, I am (was) in the process of rewriting the same mapper I wrote last year to work with VDJ 4.2. I only have a few days as I need to return his laptop during the week because I can't test without his laptop.

@cioce:
Do you know if the VDJ 4.2 DEMO will run custom mappers, because if it does, it will give me time to develop and test without having to keep my friends laptop with me?

Regards

Posted Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 1:10 pm
Hi Guys,

I have solved the mystery. My plugin needed to be named djc.dll in order for VDJ to use it. I was naming mine djcmapper.dll.

Later

Posted Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 3:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)