Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: TEXT TICKER

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Does anybody know of any text ticker that could be used over the video screen. I downloaded textticker v2 but have problems running it over the videos. Is there any software or plug in that can do this?

Thanks

Posted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 6:59 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 7:00 pm
There is no real addon for text...

I have been in touch with the developer of Text Ticker a few months ago to see what he can do to have his software work over the video but he told me it may take a few months as he also has bigger projects he's working on. He's one guy developing... But it's a real cool program!!

I told him that he can probably sell his product to many of us with VDJ. He actually sent me a demo version of a fully transparent one to try out. Lot's of fun as you can have as many banners as you wish running at the same time with very little resources.

He had a demo copy of VDJ to understand the problem, just needs more time.

It's a sync problem similar to taking 2 DVD players and trying to mix the 2 outputs together the vdeo goes out of sync.

It would work if someone at VDJ could give us a control to adjust the size of the the 2nd monitor so windows could show at the top, sides or bottom, or all so text ticker doesn't have to overlap on the video portion.

Probably very easy to do but I already asked and someone replied to download the video resizer tool but that doesn't work because the video overlay is still using up 100% of the output screen. I use an ATI all in wonder 9800 video card and tried everything possible to be able to adjust the video overlay size but so far not possible. I looked in the registry, looked in Catalist(ati), looked in all the possible areas to find where I could adjust the VDJ overlay but found nothing.

I hope this message sparks up someone that understands what we are talking about to develope a simple tool to truly resize the output overlay so windows can be viewable and sizable to use Text Ticker

I work in a night club and it make great for advertising. More money for us!

Swift Elite 3 has a pretty good text ticker but can use some updating. Using the Text Ticker 2 that you are talking about is even cooler as you can show as many as you like using different speeds, fonts, positions, etc.

Hope someone like DJCEL reads this article and possibly create a true tool to adjust the output overlay...

Peace out,
Funkmasterfrank
Montreal

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 7:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)