Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Ecler Nuo4 vs VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,
I bought an Ecler Nuo4 mixer last week and now I want these mixer to communicate with VDJ.
Can somebody help me with the settings in VDJ and connection lines to be made, so I can control VDJ completely with the Nuo4 mixer? I connected also two tabletop CD players on line 1 and 4 with the mixer and want to add the VDJ on line 2 and 3.
Thanks in advance for your quick help.

Posted Mon 22 Jan 07 @ 6:04 pm
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
I have the Ecler Nuo4 (Good Choice). To set it up within vdj you will need to confirm first of all that you have your MIDI enabled. Or are you using the USB to MIDI? Thed Ecler allows for either way. I use mine the old fashion MIDI way (i dont use the usb cable). Now within Virtual DJ go to the Config and than click remote control tab. You will need to check the box that says Midi Enable. From there you can config all your options. However if you want someone elses config, you can go to the downloads and download the Ecler file http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=2944

If you need any other help shoot me a pm.

Posted Mon 22 Jan 07 @ 7:00 pm
I downloaded the configuration from the downloads page, but it isn't working now. Within VDJ I checked the box Midi enable. I'm using the USB cable because otherwise I don't know how to connect the mixer with the computer.
I can't control VDJ by the Nuo4, but I can hear the music, but only from the left VDJ turntable, but cannot control it by the mixer.
What did I do wrong.
Are there some pictures of connections from laptop to the mixer or setups from the configuration of VDJ so It would be more clear to me?
I'm not a computernerd and you can easy say I'm a "plug and play" person, so I don't know much from computers.
So if you can explain how to make the perfect and working connections in the most easiest way I'll be pleased.
Thanks in advance.

Posted Wed 24 Jan 07 @ 6:10 pm
Hi

I've connected my soundcard outputs to channel 5 and that way you can use the mixer crossfader to control the crossfader in VDJ and also to prelisten tracks. I found it a bit tricky at first because I hadn't set the two input switches on inputs 2 and 3 to midi.

Have you done the first stage?

Connect the NUO4 to the laptop using the USB
open up the control4lab software that came on the CD with your mixer.
lsint the control4lab software load in the VDJ *.c4l file (that you need to download from the VDJ site)
using the control3lab software store those settings to the mixer.

Then you have to do the stuff with VDJ

When you've done the above it may work, otherwise come back for help with the VDJ settings.

Good luck

A

Posted Wed 24 Jan 07 @ 7:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)