Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Torq Xponent is out

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

any comments?

DJ Shahar
www.djshahar.com

Posted Sun 21 Jan 07 @ 4:00 am

insane expensive, and bit ugly... ;)

But other than that, it might be good

Posted Sun 21 Jan 07 @ 4:03 am
i heard virtual dj's beatmatch is much better than every thing else including torq.

the only thing is, torq has hardware designed for the software where as virtualdj does not.

Posted Sun 21 Jan 07 @ 4:12 am

First of all (unlike almost all other dj software, that is locked to one hardware), Virtual DJ is open for almost any hardware, including those that the competitors make...

VDJ supports almost any midi controller and soundcard..

Secondly, Virtual DJ works together with Numark, that has released quite a few hardware made for Virtual DJ/Numark Cue, including:

- Numark iCDX cd deck/controller
- Numark TotalControl midi controller
- Numark DMC2 rackmount midi controller....

You might see the equalities between this new controller, and Virtual DJs default skin ;)

Posted Sun 21 Jan 07 @ 4:21 am
So far the Numark Branded COntrollers have No information about availability.
I've talked to a couple of retailers on both side of the borders (Canada/Usa) and so far no info.

So far It's all Vapourware.
DMC2 looks real good though.
The total control needs a FREAKING sound card and mic input.

Other than those two little details - looks real nice in the pictures.

DJ Marcel
Purple ONion NightClub

Posted Sun 21 Jan 07 @ 5:09 am
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
So far the Numark Branded COntrollers have No information about availability.
I've talked to a couple of retailers on both side of the borders (Canada/Usa) and so far no info.

So far It's all Vapourware.
DMC2 looks real good though.
The total control needs a FREAKING sound card and mic input.

Other than those two little details - looks real nice in the pictures.

DJ Marcel
Purple ONion NightClub

both of them work like champs they r hooked up And workin for you to try @ naam (they also r being demoed by numark at the show as well ... release date .........soon (no countdown on this one ..but its ready already;i tried it for a bit)

Posted Sun 21 Jan 07 @ 7:23 am
@dj-in-norway: Torq can also be controlled by any midi controller - it's midi learn feature is dead simple to use. As for being overpriced ....270 euro gets you a full featured software and the means to control it, which is a good deal cheaper than Virtual DJ imo.

Does VDJ have midi learn?

Posted Thu 19 Apr 07 @ 5:27 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006

Posted Thu 19 Apr 07 @ 6:19 pm

Posted Thu 19 Apr 07 @ 6:54 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Yeah I know Paul, do not get me wrong I am a hugh Numark guy, just look at the logo next to my name. They have done that kind of thing for a long time now. I waited for almost seven months after hearing about the iCDX before it was released. Its like they get an idea, broadcast the idea, and then design the product they need.

Posted Thu 19 Apr 07 @ 10:58 pm
The price looks good too.

Posted Fri 20 Apr 07 @ 1:11 am
goapmrHome userMember since 2004
i like the xponent and te numark controler but i am still going for the IDJ2 from Numark. Did already a pre order. Can not wait till i can play with the thing.

Posted Fri 20 Apr 07 @ 2:18 pm
metiznPRO InfinityMember since 2005
goapmr wrote :
i like the xponent and te numark controler but i am still going for the IDJ2 from Numark. Did already a pre order. Can not wait till i can play with the thing.

but i don't think the iDJ2 will be able to controll any software. hope you didn't have that in mind...

Posted Fri 20 Apr 07 @ 6:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)