Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How are you adding new audio to video?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was wondering what everyone is using to add new audio to video. I currently use Adobe Premiere if the songs are exactly the same tempo/bpm. I just started to learn how to use Premiere, so I only know the very basics. I haven't figured out how to timestretch the video to make it match, if it's even possible with this program.

Here's the scenario:
I have a remix blend (audio) of Justin Timberlake's "Sexy Back". Basically Sexy Back Acapella on top of Love Me or Hate Me Beat. The Sexy Back Video I have is the normal promo only video set at 117bpm. The remix blend is 120bpm. I want to warp/speed up the video so it's in sync with the audio so I can export it to a new video that has the blended audio and video at 120bpm.
Anyone know how to do this in Premiere? Or can you recommend a different program which might be easier to work with?

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 11:10 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try sony vegas :)

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 11:12 pm
Is that what you use? Does it timestretch video well?

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 11:21 pm
If you want to stick with premiere. Stretch the audio to match the video. Not the other way around. If you're unable to stretch video, then do the audio to match the video, which can be done with dozens of programs. In order to stretch video, you'd need something that can do precise arbitrary video stretching and compressing, losslessly. There are many more programs that can do with audio than video.

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 11:21 pm
also, in the case of the specific video you are trying to work with, you could probably just as easily make an acappella video of sexy back and do the love me or hate me part with an instrumental,.. as in blend it live. that would work also.

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 11:26 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I use vegas and works perfect for video editing and stretching with master tempo etc. From what I've heard adobe premiere is a bit more user friendly though. Try either of those :)

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 12:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)