Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How do you feel about this program?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 3:40 am
My homie got this program and it works basically its a lazy mans way to copy protected files instead of you making a cd of the protected file and then ripping them back into your hard drive the software does it for you using your sound recorder to rip it back to your hardrive very fast. Kind of neat!

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 3:57 am
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well, for my $14 I got a program that has converted a grand total of 1 file - it crashes all the time and I haven't heard back from the programmers. I'd stay away for now.

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 7:52 am
Well I know for a fact this program works flawlessly. I'm more asking from a legal point of view etc.

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 8:26 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
its probaly ilegal

as its breaking the Tos for the drm providers

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 10:50 am
Don't know... as long as you don't copy them to others that haven't payed for them. It's like taking your vinyls to another club and play them there, no?

Someone told me about the fuss there was when cassettes were first introduced. (--> "OMG YOU CAN JUST COPY IT!!!) That died down when cassettes got popular. I'm guessing the same thing will happen with (legally) downloaded mp3's probably.

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 12:22 pm

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 5:41 pm
Maybe the LEGAL thing will depend on the country.

Beeing LOGICAL, if you don't share, sell, etc... the media, will not have to be ILEGAL.
Because you've payed for it, and it's only for your personal use.

But huge music companies aren't LOGICAL.

In Spain (don't know other countries) when we buy CD-R, DVD-R medias where paying in the media price a "canon" for the authors rights, even if you use them to backup you own files (yes, you can ask they pay back if you only use for no-copyrighted files, but it's a hard-large work, only big companies spent time on this)

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 5:56 pm
Drm means digital rights management

It’s the same idea as file permissions in windows

To play the file you need a licence file, which is automatically downloaded from the content provider

However, the licence files have conditions ie can only run in itunes or wmp (windows media player) or win amp depending on the providers of the drm protected files

They apply these drms to ensure that you keep the licence and those they the company providing the music keep to there licensing restrictions.

So it is technically illegal to use a program to remove drm, im not here to judge, I do not do it personally

But I know many do

At the end of the day it’s your call.

Regards

Simon

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 5:58 pm

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 6:04 pm
i think its daylight robbery so i just dont buy from them.

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 6:55 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I had a strange thing happen with this program - I did get it to work just fine, but when I analyzed the mp3's in VDJ, it wouldn't give any bmp at all!! How strange!

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 5:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)