Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DJ Wear

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
What do you wear when your DJ'ing? and if you have any cool links as to where some nice DJ wear can be bought, feel free and post them here.

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 10:54 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 11:00 pm
I follow club employee dress code.

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 11:10 pm
dress code? ouch

we get to wear whatever as long as we throw the party. my normal attire? a loud headache inducing hawaiin shirt, or a polo-type and shorts. maybe one of the club's t-shirts if the mood strikes me. went semi-formal for new years tho - black shorts, long sleeve shirt w/ mickey mouse tie, white socks and black shoes. and changed back at 12:05.

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 11:45 pm
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Jeans and Sweatshirt/T-Shirt at the club...Black Dress suit for formals.

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 2:48 am
where whaterver floats your boat. I always say when in rome do as the romans do!

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 3:59 am
like cameo's WORD UP video--i wear a red leather jock strap

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 5:28 am
Haha.... Call me old school new yawk, but when I dj clubs, I usually like wearing adidas long sleev shirt, or adidas nylon looking zip up, and matching sweats, with a funky white kangol, or fishing hat. And if the mood strikes me, i'll wear matching night shades.

Sounds tacky, but I kinda like being the only one whos not a meat head, dressed in all black $300 pants, with a $200 friggin t-shirt, and $250 shoes, and sayin "How-Ya-Doin" I like to stand out, so people know Your The DJ

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 8:45 am
i would wear "head ache inducing hawaiian" shirts to a white house formal........lol i know of the threads but never heard it called that b4......lol me likey

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 4:50 pm
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
I follow club employee dress code.

dress code = Clean and neat appearance.

so

Short sleeve dress shirt from Tip Top Tailors - $9.99
Dress pants from Mr Big and Tall men's clothing - $25.00

If you think I'm spending more than that you're out of your mind.

The headache inducing hawain shirt, Done that too.

also glowstick earings
plastic hawaiian lai
Toronto Maple Leafs santa hat (very dangerous in Edmonton Alberta - NHL team here is the Edmonton Oilers)
Edmonton Eskiomos CFL football jersy

And every now and then the unfortuanate side of being a Nightclub employee - vomit on my shoe - followed very closely by the vomiter wearing a black eye and broken nose from when his face hit the floor when he "fell" cause he was so drunk.

tsk tsk tsk
such clumsy drunk people.

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 5:27 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
A pink frilly tutu, plastic flip flops and a crotchless hat.

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 5:51 pm
I always try to look my best when i'm at work. Thats my style though. Usually an urban blazer, nice shirt (rarely even a tee), a pair of diesels, and some fly shoes (never...trainers). Most of the spots I DJ at close at 2 or 3. I usually go out to another bar/nightclub after (that closes at 4-5) so I like to stay tip top.

Pics ::: www.myspace.com/djcharliefive

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 6:16 pm
LMAO @ djsherz! love it! i need the catalog you shop from!

i tend to work up a sweat in the booth so wearing a crotchless hat might get a little whiff.

here's one sorta on topic: 6-7 hours straight on feet - the inventor of gel insoles for your feets needs a monument!

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 11:19 pm
Kenny QPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Tux

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 11:36 pm
" drivin' a truck, drivin' a big ol' truck
drivin along with my high heels on......
got my feather boa's and my pink chiffon.......
drivin' a truck with my high heels on"

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 10:08 am
maybe djsherz could write us a guide....

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 10:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)