Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Capture Streaming Video

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Anybody know how to capture streaming video off the net . this would be a good way to build up your library with no logos. I was looking at yahoo music videos and they have no logos, just need a way to capture the videos.

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 4:28 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
aslo 100% ilegal .

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 4:35 pm
these videos will have no where near the quality of a dvd rip. no where near. not even close. streamed video will also exhibit poor audio quality and dynamic range as well as being plagued with audio sync issues. trust me, this is not something that you want to do.

oh yeah, and there's that small problem that it's illegal.

i have HUNDREDS of videos with no logo. they're a little harder to come by but they are out there. usually if the artist has a compilation series of their videos, the videos will be logo free. usually if there is a various artists compilation at a DVD store (not promo only), these will be logo free also.

Go to amazon.com and search for music videos in their DVD store. You'll find an ENDLESS supply of logo free music videos DVDs. I've purchased dozens of these and they are much better than the promo only logo'd versions. I only use the promo only version when nothing else is available.

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 5:11 pm
Here in CT, there was a DJ Expo about 6 months ago. Promo only had a booth there, and of course, a guy scratching with the Pioneer dvjs (YUCK) and a video switcher. The rep there was a real cool guy, almost bought his whole collection of dvds right there, but I didn't have $3k. hehe. ANyways, he told me that the law states this: Promo only is just that, promotional DVDs. Any tampering with that DVD (Including ripping them to a computer to play them) Is illegal. Now, this guy seemed pretty genuine, and I think he was telling the truth.

Even givin all that, i mean is there someone from the Music Video Police that goes from club to club looking for VJs that are playing illegal content?? I mean, if you want to get technical, pretty much EVERY dj out there that uses CDs, or MP3s is playing illegal content, I refuse to believe that there isn't atleast 3 or 4 burned cds of napstered or limewired music on every DJ.

Just phood 4 thought
-Schmidty

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 8:21 pm
after a nice long, informative chat with customer service at Promo Only - you can use their DVD's as you see fit in that particular place of business, IF you were the one that purchased them and IF you dont duplicate or distribute them. you've essentially purchased the media and promised not to spread it around.

and i'd be suprised if there were ONLY 3-4 cd's...

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 11:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)