Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Headphone and midi- please help if possible... - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I already mapped the audio_crossfade, PLUS the video_crossfade, function on VDJ to SAME midi (crossfader on X-Session). Thus this is where this problem appeared.

if I do this, I will only go to 1 channel on the mixer? How will control the volume levels of each CD player then?

i think I understand-

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 2:38 am
I just wish I could have everything exactly as is now, EXCEPT when I move the midi crossfader it does the audio and video, BUT I can prelisten from the external mixer.

what a dream that would be.

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 2:42 am
Hoffman wrote :

if I do this, I will only go to 1 channel on the mixer? How will control the volume levels of each CD player then?

at the X-Session crossfader ;)

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 2:44 am
I'm burnt out :-(

thanks for trying to help.

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 2:46 am
Hoffman wrote :
I just wish I could have everything exactly as is now, EXCEPT when I move the midi crossfader it does the audio and video, BUT I can prelisten from the external mixer.

what a dream that would be.

Only solutions that can to this, is :
- Nuo mixers
- Pioneer DJM 800
- Allen & Heath Xone3D

Your solution (midi mixer) is only a software controller, so mixing (crossfade) is done in software, with only ONE master out (to ONE channel at external mixer) with prelisten out from soundcard directly (cuing/prelisten).
Because the crossfader cuts the audio

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 2:52 am
Your question gave me an idea for a new feature ...
But it would need a soundcard with THREE outputs, and an external mixer with THREE channels

At the external mixer ONE channel would be deck1 in VDJ, 2ND channel deck 2 in VDJ, and 3RD channel at exernal mixer would be PRELISTEN selected deck (switch in VDJ).

For this you wound need a new function like this:

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 2:54 am
Nor,

I am getting closer to trying what you suggested. Just a little nervous because everything has been working so great for 2 months.

You are right, the correct midi mixer would be best. Not real logical for club DJ's who have to go into many different situations and wouldn;t think of bringing and hooking up a mixer in their places. Using a hercules or 2000 seems strange to me since I use TCCD, Pioneer CD players, and a great pro external soundcard now.

Will keep you informed. By the way... If I do what you suggested, and the x-session stops working during the night (happens sometimes) am I screwed becuase I'm running the audio system now through it sort of speak?

B

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 5:16 am
Hoff, the X-Session has no Audio. I have been using it for over a year without even a hicup. Even if it did go out I guess you would have to use the old mouse and keyboard, and/or have some shortcuts already made for this situation then you aren't scrambling if this should occur.

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 7:36 am
Hoff, the X-Session has no Audio. I have been using it for over a year without even a hicup. Even if it did go out I guess you would have to use the old mouse and keyboard, and/or have some shortcuts already made for this situation then you aren't scrambling if this should occur

Brian,

I use a Presonus Firebox as my external soundcard so it does crossfade music and video together. DO you ever use your X-session in this way? With the crossfader? It's the headphones that I now have to do differently if I decide to change to crossfading video and audio together. Right now my X-Session just does the video and I do the audio on the club' smixer? you?

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 7:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)