Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New to this VDJ world

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello all - Just wanted to chime in and let you know who I am. I'm from the states. I use two laptops for my setup. 1 laptop has EJay that I primary use for backup and an extra channel for mixing when I feel a vibe in my set. 2 laptop uses Tractor that i've been using for weddings and club work. I just started playing with virtual DJ for about a weak now just started to become familiar with it. I love the video aspect but the tags gets on my nerves.

Reading about all the forums is amazing and sometimes makes me feel like I'm a newbie DJ again.

I've been DJing since I was a preteen - over 20 years now.

Thanks for all the input - This is probably one of the best non arguementive sites i've come across.

Thomas

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 5:33 am
I'm confused ?

"but the tags gets on my nerves."

??

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 6:23 am
fatkatzdj wrote :
This is probably one of the best non arguementive sites i've come across.

Thomas

Yes, no arguments here. We are all soft spoken, and very respectful of each other. No drama.

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 8:30 am
Sorry about the tags thing. Since I started testing VDJ, I'm starting to rethink my mixes and how i labeling some of the songs... I was working with the id3 but was thinking of bpm's that the software does not calculate correctly. Fortunatly, I'm old school and count in my head but would like to get full enjoyment of the quick mix settings. So far I've tried a lot of other softwares - tricerasoft, EJay, pcdj (red and blue), traktor vs 1 and 2 not to sure on the 3 since i'm trying VDJ... I like the function of this software and the easy ID of the buttons... Looking to get Hercules since checking out the forums. When I do clubs, I like to keep everything simple just in case. Does this software allow me to play a live feed of video or would I have to rig something up?

Sorry for the questions but I'm very excited for this program and want to get all the doubts out of the way first...

Is there anyone in the Colorado area that I could check out there set / show? And no, I haven't missed a show due to 3 snow storms in a row this month.

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 9:30 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you can show a webcam via video using the build in cam plugin on 4pro

herc im a great fan of , used it for 1 and a half years now :)

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 10:21 am
I was thinking more of a crowd cam! I'm not looking to capture but if it did that would be even better.

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 5:46 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
just point a webcam at the crowd and use the plugin then:)

Posted Sat 13 Jan 07 @ 12:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)