Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ballpark guess timate ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i'm trying to finally completely scan my G: drive 20,000 trax......approx E.T.A.??

you don't seem to be able to interrupt and then pick up where you left off......

that would be good for a future update

counting the trax would be a good add on also

flagging missing trax and invoking a relocation procedure , also on wish list

anybody second those emotions????

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 12:31 am
Absolutly !!!! A Track Counter is very useful idea

Remain track timer needs to be bigger so can see it when dancing and working the crowd.

love version 4.2 Volume control faders and other rotary faders on full video skin need to vertical long straights for ease of use

Please adopt thought that big knobs are easier to get hold of can't be doing with fidling with a mouse.

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 12:55 am
Dave what are you talkin about, he is talking about analyzing the tracks at home if I am reading this correctly and I can tell you YES there should be a way to analize where it left off, or a way to save a database that is already good and to add on to it if there is a screw up as I am having right now. I tried to install a 2nd OS and it screwed up all my Napster files and it looks as if it is gonna corrupt my database AGAIN so here we go. If it corrupts my database now I will lose all my VOB, CDG's and my MP3's just to fix my WMA's.

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 9:49 am
hello brian, yep started 12 hours ago still going.......i have to pick my spots for when i can do this,cuz mon and tues i do 14 hour dbl shifts at the club, mobilize on weekends so i have to find a place when the laptop can get some downtime b4 i do this......otherwise it could be running near 4 or 5 str8 days nearly continuous........

that sounds terrible can you use cstoll's xml tool to fix your database ??? ask norway or cstoll for help, maybe get a ticket for eservice

we really need to be able to have a middle ground......right now you can either proceed folder by folder or attempt to do a whole drive.......if you don't finish the whole drive there is no dialogue box to show where it stopped, how many songs were done where to restart etc

when i attempt my first skin these are the things i am going to try to implement, plus the countdown timer for the songs (remain will flash from say 40 secs down to zero)......

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 2:31 pm
if it makes you feel any better........last week i picked out a time frame where i thought i could run the scan.....i start the scan i let it go for 12 hours then stopped knowing that i still had a lot to go.......the very next thing .....database corrupted.....i used cstolls xml tool which worked perfect the first try (recommended ) and i posted my reccomendation to make that a default app in the next update. anyway right now is part of this week's window of opportunity ,so i am running the scan again......so far after 17 hours , i have scanned the strip club folder, the 50's,60's,70's,80's,90's,00's,Christmas, and part way thru the classic rock folders.......lots still to go.......only about 30 or 40% done.....

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 4:03 pm
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
i'm trying to finally completely scan my G: drive 20,000 trax......approx E.T.A.??

you don't seem to be able to interrupt and then pick up where you left off......

that would be good for a future update

counting the trax would be a good add on also

flagging missing trax and invoking a relocation procedure , also on wish list

anybody second those emotions????

20,000 tracks won't take very long. Maybe about 2 days max on a reasonably fast computer.

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 4:43 pm
just 2 days???? lol after the strip club and the music by era (50's,60's,70's,80's,90's,00's) then it runs alphabetical.........i'm on "club music"......20 hrs down, 28 to go??

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 5:54 pm
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
just 2 days???? lol after the strip club and the music by era (50's,60's,70's,80's,90's,00's) then it runs alphabetical.........i'm on "club music"......20 hrs down, 28 to go??

Feel lucky. 2 days is nothing. The other DJ software I use took more than a week to scan my files, on a VERY fast computer. The upside though, was a counter that showed my how many had been scanned and how many were left to go. Oh yeah, and that you could pause the scan and resume at any time without corrupting the database.

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 7:15 pm
thanks for that,i'm always interested to see what the people with more experience than myself think.....
i currently am still using traktor till i have completed my migration to VDJ......i am not dissing VDJ, i know that it takes time to do this.....it seems to be the same speed as traktor.....

by the way, there are a number of "recordcase " features that VDJ has that i like better than traktor and there ar e some i still don't understand like the sidelist.....which strikes me as possibly being an awkward workaround????? for what....anyway i really like VDJ incase i forgot to say that

traktor has a way to do favorite folders and to filter.....but you can ONLY filter the 6 favorite folders and it is real" buggy"....i know cuz it works crappy on both my backup desktop system (XP home) and worse on my laptop (XP media center edition)......also favorite folders can not have subfolders.......my main system at the moment is the laptop....i gave up completely on the favorit folders and don't use them on the main(laptop) system.....

anyway, i can't wait for the scan to be done

i tried setting up a long playlist in traktor and puting the current song on loop so that it stayed at the same song while i launched VDJ.....then i played virtual using my patented "chuck has fun with samples "mix and launched sonique (on slideshow)........it all ran fine visualizations and all.......i don't think it's the fastest system but it does multi task well ....and it's XP mce , which proves you can learn to live with it.......

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 10:48 pm
i just stopped the scan after 25 hours........there is a lot of stuff it did not scan in folders it supposedly completed???????? in some cases entire subfolders.......

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 11:50 pm
so it looks like i have to go folder by folder????

Posted Sat 13 Jan 07 @ 1:18 am
Thats the way I do it and I save the database with a keyboard shortcut after every folder and back it up as well that way if somethin screws up I don't lose all the work I did.

Posted Sun 14 Jan 07 @ 2:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)