Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Recomended usb/firewire/midi mixer to control XFader in program??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm looking for all available mixers that can control the fader in the program, so once i am ready, I can scratch video, right inside the program. I'm hoping to get the "Cut" that you would normally get from a scratch mixer, with the fader curve turned all the way down (Or up) so that even the slightest nudge of the fader will give you both channels playing. Of course, i'll have to figure out how to setup the program so that it does what I want it to do with the video, but after seeing both demos from Larry D, I think this program will be able to do what i'm requiring.

Thanx in advance for your input!!

Posted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 8:40 pm

Nuo 4 mixer (real hardware mixer with midi)

X-Session Pro (midi mixer)

Posted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 8:45 pm
Wow, thats quite a price difference between the 2 mixers, i'd gather that the X-Session Pro isn't really recomended for scratching though??? Another quick question, if i'm trying to achieve a "CUT" style scratch with video, is the fader curve adjustable in the program?? Cause im not seeing that its adjustable on the mixer anywhere. Still, $100 aint bad for a starter system, but I read the review on the NUO 4 mixer, and that thing is BAD ASS!!!!

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 8:21 pm
lol yes i was looking at that too! $99 versus $800 the NuO4 is hot and would be my dream mixer but i cant afford that right now! My question is how good is the fader on the X session would it be good for scratching! Is it stiff or does it glide easy?? if its pretty good glide then its what i want! im going to have to test it out at guitarcenter if they have them! or if someone has the answer definetely let me know. thanks

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 8:29 pm
another problem that i've read about is that you will NEED another mixer, or audio card, or something, because how are you sopposed to cue up the next song with you headphones? there is no headphone jack. My buddy had a program, not sure which one it is, I think its tractor, or something like that, but he plugged his headphones into the "other" audio jack, and that was his "headphone", or cue jack, and in the program he could enable both, or one channel to that track to cue up the next song. Does VDJ do something like that???

If so, then i'm sold on the X Session Pro. Also, another note, i've noticed alot of people saying that they wouldn't use the X Session out of their room, or would only use it for practice. I wonder why?? Besides the fact that i've read that there is no replaceable faders, i mean for $100, I would just buy another one later as a back up.

Thoughts?? Comments??

Posted Sat 13 Jan 07 @ 12:01 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the nuo4 is a hardware mixer so yould need a soundcard yes such as presonous firebox and u46dj , the xzone is only a midi contoler

Posted Sat 13 Jan 07 @ 12:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)