Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Reflex Lives!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Jorgen has been rehired by PCDJ and his Reflex software will be PCDJ's new DJ program.

Posted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 8:09 pm
lol

They definitively need some help

Jorgen's Reflex software has been the biggest hype and mystery ever..

PCDJ is just sold to Digital1 though...
Not sure what they wanna do with it, but its down at its knees, so something needs to be done if they wanna stay in business

Posted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 8:12 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yes its bad news for pcdj these days

Posted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 8:13 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
That must have been one sweet deal.

Posted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 8:14 pm

Posted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 10:33 pm
when you see the words

pcdj , and From the first name in Digital DJ technology

you know there delusional =)

Posted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 10:35 pm

PCDJ -
Biggest rip-off in the history of DJ software & hardware

You have to pay for each big bug fix (called "new release" there), and also pay lots for each new function added almost (karaoke,video etc.. called "extentions").

And it works lame.. on top of that. Good ads and good marketing, I'll give them that, nice flash too, but doesnt help much when its crap software

Glad I came here to VDJ

Posted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 10:38 pm
maczachHome userMember since 2010
might be a case of too little too late.

Posted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 10:54 pm
guys, I won't speak for or against them, but PCDJ still has a very serious part of the (digital) DJ market. Do not underestimate the effect this announcement could have, especially in the US market where they are still huge.. This news alone could well make many people at least stay out and wait a little while longer.

And the general consensus is that the original red is the godfather of all current (modern) dj apps and seeing how jorgen was/is mr PCDJ RED I think I see something happening here.

For now I will wait and see, but it is a point for 'them'..

Posted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 11:07 pm
maczachHome userMember since 2010
with all due respect paul the time of pcdj has come and gone. Now a days for an app to make it it needs to be a full a/v suite at a specific price point and have good controller support. Its like the saying fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 1:03 am
The biggest mistake you can make is to underestimate the competition. Sure Visiosonic has made some serious mistakesin the past and sure this has cost them a serious amount of business. But right now they still are a force in the market with a huge group of loyal users and companies applying their product.

Running around with tunnel vision is a dangerous thing. I am fairly sure the VDJ team has taken notice of what's coming shortly..

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 1:35 am

Both PCDJ and Traktor are currently working on a new release...
As both of them got seriously wunded, and are pretty much "dead" in many respects...
They did not keep up to pace, and Traktor lost its timecode support (FS), after they splitted with Stanton.

Of course they are both trying again, to make something. But seriously, does anyone remember the big hype about PCDJ FX? A total flop.

And VDJ Team dont have a tunnel vision about it ;) hehe.
PCDJ and Traktor have been around since the day VDJ started (and years before that), so its not like its something new... And big hyped releases like PCDJ FX and Traktor 3 have come and gone during that time.

And even if they should finally make something nice, its all for the better anyway.. Competition is always good ;)

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 2:06 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I agree with Norway. There is no law that says you only have to use one software to DJ with. If it has anything to do with pcdj wait till you see more then a fancy flash intro on a webpage.

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 4:02 am
Your right about PCDJ ( red ) which very popular in the states... everytime I walk into a lower end club, the dj is running PCDJ. The funny thing is that all they all use it as a FANCY database. They don't beat mix or use it as a true mixmaster ( no offence to anyone who just loads the song and pushes play. If thats what you get paid for, more power to you. )

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 5:43 am
Why do people get their panties in such a bunch about defending "their" software? The more competition the better.

I love VDJ's video and timecode support, but the recordcase and id3 support suck. I love PCDJs recordcase, but their timecode sucks (and there's no video). Both companies hear us bitching about these problems/comparisons, and both companies are planning appropriate improvements. So who wins? Us.

I'm just happy to see the competition heat back up again.

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 3:20 pm
Within the CPS industry competition has driven the growth of the tools we all use - Within a year other programs will hit the streets and the cycle will continue.

We learn, grow and move forward.

If any of you are headed to Vegas I'll see you then.

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 4:06 pm
=)

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 4:29 pm
it's not competition... it's not a paralell... those of us here are here because we needed a multimedia app, not an audio only application...

from the people I've talked to, most have no interest in an audio only app..

That's like buying a dual cd deck..... it's fine, but it's not forward thinking...

I like how they tried to imply that Cyder was blown away by reflex at the computer DJ summit.... Everyone in attendance said that jorgen told them it was not in fact reflex, but PVDJ, and that the only impressive thing they saw was jorgen's 100% time stretch, which is all gee whiz and all, but who needs that?

i don't doubt that they can put out a nice app, hell, I was very impressed when I dropped by the old clearwater office, and jorgen let me play with his pcdj red with his "pitch warp" technology right before he left PCDJ. that was good stuff.... but it was good stuff 5 years ago....

but guess what, every $49.00 app has master tempo now....

competition is good, but they're not even in the same league... it's a different product....

apples and oranges.....

how can we compare an audio app with an audio, video, karaoke, dmx app?

different stuff.... I don't see people downgrading to audio only again... but they'll probably get a good chunk of the latest wave of late adopters.

Posted Sat 13 Jan 07 @ 10:35 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Virtual DJs always been DJ focused, and that's its best achievement for me, everything else is a bonus. Serato and others will probably soon add video, and when they do I wont batter an eye lid, but I know for most of you it'll feel like someones pissed on your fireworks... but, there's enough ass in clubs as it is, who needs it on the screens aswell?

Posted Sat 13 Jan 07 @ 10:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)